TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
According to the new rules, Aadhar is becoming mandatory for carrying out various tasks. According to the government of India, every Indian citizen should link their Aadhar number bank accounts, PAN card, mobile numbers and others.
In a recent move, the existing mobile should be linked with Aadhar before February 6, 2018, and the service is live with Airtel, Vodafone, and Idea currently. There are lots of advantage, where you can check you can e-verify your ITR using Aadhaar. For unknown, Aadhar is a 12 digit unique code given by the Indian government to each Indian resident.
Till now, the process of linking the Aadhar card with mobile involves going to a mobile store nearby, waiting in the queue and have to get linked. Now, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has made it simple, where you can now call on UIDAI’s toll-free number, and follow the instructions to link your Aadhaar with a mobile number from your home. Follow the below steps to do so
Step 1: Dial the number 14546 from your mobile number, and wait for the IVR.
Step 2: Once the call is connected, follow the voice instruction and act accordingly. In this case, you need to press 1 if you are an Indian and 2 for a foreign national.
Step 3: Now enter your 12 digits unique Aadhar number, where the IVR once again repeats it what you've entered.
Step 4: Press 1 to confirm or Press 2 too if you have made mistake.
Step 5: Now, a 6-digit OTP will be sent on your smartphone. Upon which, you will hear a voice message asking for your permission to share your name, address, photo and date of birth details from Aadhaar with your telecom operator.
Step 6: In order to link, enter the OTP number that you received through text message.
Step 7: It will be verified within 48 hours and the number will be linked to your phone number.