- 2 hrs ago 5 Best International Online Shopping Sites That Provide Free Shipping To India
- 2 hrs ago Oppo Might Launch Its Financial Services In India This Year: Report
- 4 hrs ago Oppo PCLM50 Appears On Geekbench Expected To Be Next-Gen Reno3 5G
- 5 hrs ago Clearview AI App: Protects The Fenced, Imprisons The Protected
- News #GoBackBolsonaro trends on Twitter after a red carpet welcome for Brazil Prez Bolsonaro
- Sports Yuvraj Singh and Wasim Akram to play in bushfire relief match
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 - Actress Ranjani Raghavan Enters The Glasshouse
- Lifestyle How To Get Sonam Kapoor's Egyptian Goddess Make-up At Paris Fashion Week
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
How to Recover Lost Data on Android?
Well, almost all of us have deleted some important files including video, photos, files etc. on our Android phones by mistake. But did you know that there are ways to recover these files again. It worth noting that the methods given below are applicable for both rooted and unrooted Android devices. These are in fact similar to the method of recovering files from a laptop or a desktop.
There are a few pre-requisites though. First and foremost, take at hand is to switch off Mobile data (2G/3G/4G connection) and WiFi, thereby preventing your device from receiving firmware updates. Alternatively, you can also switch off the smartphone.
Recover Lost Data on Unrooted Android device
As you might be aware that the process of Rooting gives users a much granular control over their smartphone. However, there is a rather easy recovery way for those who haven't rooted their smartphone already. Just in case you are wondering what exactly this 'Root' is then in most cases this method would be applicable for you.
With the modifications in the Mass Storage Protocol post the Ice Cream Sandwich update it has now become difficult to recover files on Android, especially those located in the Internal storage. Despite that, there still a way out.
A. From MicroSD card slot:
- Remove the MicroSD card from your smartphone.
- Place it inside a MicroSD card Adapter and connect it to the USB port of your laptop/PC.
- Boot up your laptop/PC and download Recuva (Free Version). You can also download the Paid Version if you feel like.
- Open Recuva and select the Type of File you would like to recover.
- Then select the location to recover the file from. In this case select the MicroSD card using the 'In a Specific Location' option.
- Follow this up by checking the Deep Scan option in the next dialogue box and click on Start.
- After Recuva has completed searching the Deleted Files it would allow you to choose some selected files which you want to recover.
- Specify the location to recover the file and Recuva will do the rest for you. It is advised not to recover the data on the SD card itself. Rather save them on the HDD/SSD of your PC and then transfer them back to the SD card when everything is completed.
B. From Internal Storage:
- Check whether you have enabled Developer setting as of yet. In case you have, then make use of apps such as Wondershare Dr Fone to scan your device. For those who haven't, please follow the steps to do so first.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number
- Tap the Build Number tile for 7 times. Post that you will be now be encountered with a dialogue box stating 'Developer Options now activated'
- Now click on the Developer Option and enable USB debugging.
- Download Wondershare Dr Fone and scan your device using it.
Recover Lost Data on Rooted Android device
- Download Undeleter app from the Playstore.
- First select the applications from where you want to recover data. This include Call logs, SMS, WhatsApp and various other third party apps.
- Then select the type of files you want to recover. It may be JPEG, Doc File, MP4 etc.
- Finally select the device from which you want to recover data - Internal or External storage in this case.
- Thereafter click on Scan and wait for a few minutes while the software scans your device.
- On successful scan the Undelete app will show you a list of recoverable data with their file type and location (where they were save before being deleted).