- 36 min ago BGMI Redeem Codes For June 22, 2021
- 1 hr ago Facebook Audio Rooms Rolls Out With Clubhouse-Like Features; Can It Beat Competition?
- 2 hrs ago Realme To Launch Its First DIZO Product On July 1
- 11 hrs ago Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- Finance Sun Pharma Stock Up, Settles Patent Litigation For Generic Revlimid
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Has THIS To Say About Her Bonding With Rahul Vaidya
- News Shiv Sena MP slams UGC for asking varsities to put up banners thanking PM for free vaccination drive
- Automobiles Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- Sports Exciting heavyweight contenders bout headlines UFC Vegas 30
- Lifestyle Here Is The Difference Between Immunisation, Vaccination And Inoculation
- Education Bihar DElEd Registration 2022 Begins, Apply Before July 5
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
How To Share Files Between Mac And Windows
Transfering files from Mac to Windows is a pretty straightforward method. Although there are different approaches towards how you exactly want to do it, even then you can easily do them by using the native tools of the operating systems. There are certain third-party solutions too which will help you to transfer files from PC to Mac and from Mac to Windows.
Both the operating systems have certain built-in functions that can help you to transfer the files. But it suffers from a major drawback. It can only be possible when both are on the same local network. If they are not on the same local network, they can be transferred by the third-party solutions.
Setting Up the File Sharing on a Mac:
There are certain settings that helps you to share files between Mac and PC. Then certain steps should be followed to transfer the files:
Step 1:Go to the Apple icon that is there on the upper left corner of the screen.
Step 2: Then Go to System Preferences and select Sharing.
Step 3: Click File Sharing on the Left Panel in the Checkbox.
Step 4: Click on the Options button.
Step 5: Go to the Checkbox and then Enable it. By using SMB, you can share files and folders.
Step 6: Then select Share Files and Folders Using the AFP.
Step 7: You will be directed to the Windows File Sharing Section.
Step 8: Click on the Files that you wish to share.
Step 9: Enter the password of the user and click Done.
Step 10: You can press the Plus and Minus buttons so as to adjust the preferences that are there on Shared Folders and Shared Users. File Sharing should be kept on and also note the IP address of Mac.
Accessing Mac Files on Windows:
Step 1: Firstly, open File Explorer.
Step 2: Then go to the Address Bar and type and after that type the IP address of the Mac.
Step 3: Enter your username and password in the New Window.
Step 4: Follow the same pattern of credentials as in Mac.
Step 5: The Shared Users and the Shared Folders list should be displayed on the file explorer. There you can move, edit or copy the folders.
Step 6: Drag and drop the file that you wish to transfer from Mac to Windows in your local folders.
Transferring files from PC to Mac:
Setting up File Sharing on Windows:
Step 1: You should first check that the Network Discovery is turned on. Then Open the Settings App.
Step 2: Go to Network and Internet and click on Status.
Step 3: Select Sharing Options under Change your Network Settings.
Step 4: You can then expand the Public Network as well as the Private Network.
Step 5: Then Turn On the Network Discovery.
Step 6: Then click on File and Printer Sharing and then Save the Changes.
Step 7: Right-click on the name of the folder and go to Properties, then to Sharing and Network File and folder sharing.
Accessing window files on Mac:
Step 1: Firstly, open the Finder App.
Step 2: Then Select Go and Connect To Server.
Step 3: Type the IP address and press enter.
Step 4: Then type your username and password when asked and after that click on Enter.