- 3 hrs ago YouTube Guide: Here's How To Delete Or Restore A Video
- 6 hrs ago Windows 10 Guide: How To Add And Manage Multiple OneDrive Accounts
- 11 hrs ago Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- 14 hrs ago Redmi Smartphones Offers And Discounts During Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- Sports Maharashtra wins U-17 gold in Kho Kho at the Khelo India Youth Games
- News India successfully test-fire K-4 ballistic missile from INS Arihant
- Movies Superstar Kiccha Sudeep Reacts To The Rumours Of Playing A Cop In Rajamouli’s RRR
- Lifestyle 9 Amazing Health Benefits Of Hurdles For Body Fitness
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
How To Start A YouTube Channel And Earn Money In India
With over 1.9 billion monthly active users worldwide, YouTube is the second most visited website in the world. The content platform records over 1 billion hours of content streaming per day. These are undoubtedly huge numbers and the data, which is a factor of many things and is often termed as 'Views', translates to real-world money.
If you are also planning to join the league or have always wanted to create a YouTube channel to show your creative side to the world, the following steps will come handy. The following guide will help you create your very own ‘YouTube Channel' to kickstart your Content Creator journey.
Before you start your YouTube journey, you must understand that creating a channel on YouTube is the easy part. The content monetization, subscriber base and generating revenue from it is another story altogether. Having said that, the following guide will help you understand the basics of running a YouTube channel to join the millionaire club.
Steps To Follow To Create A YouTube Channel
- A YouTube Channel creates your public presence on the YouTube platform. While you might already have a Google account, you would still need to create a channel to start uploading content to create a subscriber base. Sign in to YouTube on a computer or simply use the mobile site on a smartphone.
- Try uploading a video or creating a playlist on YouTube.
- As you don't have a YouTube channel yet, you'll see a prompt to create one.
- Check and confirm the details such as your ‘Google Account' name and photo.
- Confirm to create your YouTube channel.
Important Things To Consider While Creating A YouTube Channel
- Creating a presence on YouTube depends on several factors. You must start with a catchy name. Keep your YouTube name short and easy to remember.
- It is advisable to create a unique thumbnail for your YouTube Channel. Keeping it ready beforehand is always good. Also, make sure that the thumbnail you create matches the content you will push on your channel.
- Good video editing software with basic knowledge of video-editing is also a necessity to create good content for YouTube.
Steps To Consider While Creating And Uploading Content On YouTube Channel
- If you want to make it big on YouTube, make sure you push content regularly. Keep some content handy to ensure consistency and regular flow of good quality content to maintain a good subscriber base.
- The content should be unique and of high quality.
- Shoot videos from a good quality camera and give some time to edit the content before uploading them. You can also shoot live videos on YouTube, which is an excellent tool to establish two-way communication with your subscribers. However, you have to be extra careful about the content quality and type of content while doing live videos.
- Your headlines should be catchy but not misleading. Videos should also have a description with primary keywords of your content as it increases the visibility of videos in YouTube Searches.
- Keywords also play a vital role in running a YouTube channel. Good keywords that are relevant to the content you push can improve your channel's visibility on internet multifold. You can add keywords in the ‘Advanced' section of YouTube Channel Settings.
- Always review your thumbnails, descriptions, titles, keywords and metadata to fall in line with advertiser-friendly guidelines.
Start Monetizing Content To Earn Money
Once you have managed to establish a subscriber base of 1,000 subscribers with 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months, you can apply for YouTube Partner Program, which gives access to YouTube resources and features. Here's how you can apply to YPP.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under "Monetization," click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
Google mentions that channels that meet the company's policies and guidelines will be accepted in the program. Once Google accepts your YPP application, you'll need an AdSense account to generate money from the content. As per Google's guidelines, you can link as many channels as you have to a single AdSense account.
Once the AdSense account is linked to your YouTube account, you can start monetizing your content. Simply click the ‘Monetization' tab and check the "Monetize with Ads" box. You can then start monetizing the individual videos posted on your YouTube channel. The last step is keeping a check on your ‘Analytics' to see views on your videos to check the earnings.
Follow all these steps and ensure that you are consistent in creating and uploading new content for your YouTube channel to make it big in the online world. It's a damn tough job but if you are consistent and push high quality content, you can actually make a fortune.