- 22 min ago Samsung India, Ready Action: Win Galaxy smartphones and Smart TVs by posting videos
- 37 min ago Oppo Reno series to be Flipkart exclusive in India; slated to launch on May 28
- 52 min ago Samsung rolls out One UI update for older smartwatches
- 1 hr ago How to get 1.5GB data per day for one year from Vodafone
- News Swaraj on 2 day visit to Bishkek for SCO Summit
- Finance SBI Jumps Over 7% Post Exit Poll Results: Should You Still Be Buying The Stock?
- Sports Five stars who featured in 2015 World Cup, but won't play in 2019
- Automobiles New Suzuki Gixxer SF 150 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
5 things to know about Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
Technology giant Google has announced the roll-out of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) for mobile search results in India. AMP Project is an open source initiative by Google that allows publishers and website owners to create mobile optimized content so that it can load instantly everywhere.
AMP technology offers a number of benefits to publishers and readers. If you are still unaware about Google's ambitious project, then you are at right place.
Here are five things that you should know about Google AMP.
AMP reduces data consumption
Google's AMP project offers great value to website owners. It helps save data as AMP pages on Search use 10 times less data than the equivalent non-AMP page.
Over the last year, since the AMP project started, over 600 million AMP documents, in over 104 languages have been created worldwide.
AMP enabled pages load faster
AMP is Google's ambitious project designed to offer lightning fast browsing on mobile devices. AMP offers a stripped-down version of a web page with cached resources, which helps the web page to load quickly on a mobile device to offer a better mobile browsing experience.
As per an analysis, the average AMP page currently loads four times faster than non-AMP pages.
SEE ALSO: 5 Reasons to install My Airtel app on your smartphone
Beneficial for Publishers and Website owners
As AMP reduces data consumption and loads page faster, it enables internet users to browse AMP enabled web pages with ease of usability. This is actually beneficial for publishers and website owners who can utilize AMP's power to attract more visitors to increase their readership and profits. Publishers and web developers who want their sites to rank well should include AMP as part of their code delivery.
In India, several publishers have embraced AMP. As per a report, the Washington Post has seen a 23 per cent increase in mobile search users who return within seven days and an 88 per cent improvement in load time for AMP content versus traditional mobile web.
How do AMP work?
Besides, AMP files can be cached in the cloud in order to reduce the time content takes to get to a user's mobile device.
Accelerated Mobile Pages can load in any modern browser or app webview.
Who can use Accelerated Mobile Pages?
Google wants to make internet a better place for everyone and thus its AMP project is open to all players in the ecosystem, be it publishers, consumer platforms or creators.