- 27 min ago Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G Leaked Images Reiterates 108MP Vertical Quad-Rear Cameras
- 35 min ago Vu Cinema TV Now Available On Amazon: Features, Price, And More
- 49 min ago Glance Lockscreen: Brilliant Content Platform With Seamless Shopping Built-in
- 51 min ago Flipkart Republic Day Sale Offers Huge Discounts On Premium Smartphones
- News Veteran Cong leader Shamsher Surjewala passes away at 87
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Says She Did Tacky Films To Earn Money For Sister Rangoli Chandel's Treatment
- Lifestyle Can Chia Seeds Help Reduce Belly Fat?
- Sports ICC U19 World Cup 2020: Team India's Full Schedule, Venue, Timings at U19 World Cup in South Africa
- Finance 8 Good and Safe Best Demat Accounts to Open
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Haryana In 2020
- Automobiles Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
Here’s How You Can Improve the Wi-Fi Signal in Your Home
Improve the Wi-Fi signal with these tips.
Well, the Internet speed and Wi-Fi technology have significantly improved over the past couple of years. Moreover, Wi-Fi has grown from a promising technology for tech-savvy enthusiasts to a must-have tech for connected devices of all kinds.
In addition, the trend in Wi-Fi dependence seems to be not slowing down. It is significantly increasing with greater consumer expectation for higher-speed and highly reliable Wi-Fi connections anywhere and at any time.
After setting up Wi-Fi in a home network, there are common issues such as slow connection, no internet connections and more. If these Wi-Fi problems have bogged you down, don't worry. Here's a quick guide to fixing the most common Wi-Fi problems that crop up at home, at the office or anywhere else.
The placement of routers makes a huge difference in signal speed and strength. As such, the router should be generally placed as close to the center of the room as possible if you desire optimal performance. Avoid keeping the router in a room with thick walls.
Going the Old Fashioned Way
The fact is that, as many Wi-Fi enabled devices are added to the network, the router usually slows down the connection speed of each device to ensure that all the devices receive enough bandwidth to connect. If this is the case, then try connecting some devices the old fashioned way.
Devices closest to the router could be connected via the Ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi. It might be little messy, but the wireless speed will improve.
SEE ALSO: Here's How You Can Improve Your YouTube Viewing Experience
Well, if you have not added a security password, then you must. Free Wi-Fi means there will be many people who can be a parasite and steal your internet. More importantly, this will lead to a clog in your bandwidth as many users will be connected to the network.
Another important aspect is that may also be a security risk as hackers could gain access to data on improperly secured devices.
Link Two Routers
Although you have placed the router at a proper location, residents who reside in bigger houses or older buildings may have trouble getting Wi-Fi to reach everywhere. So what do you do in such circumstances?
The best possible solution might be linking two routers together in order to increase the range. While doing so, you may need to connect the second router via Ethernet cable to the original one, but to get Wi-Fi signals to your entire home this may be your best bet.
SEE ALSO: Netflix VR App Launched for Google Daydream VR Headsets
Alternatively, you can consider buying a router system that incorporates multiple access points from the start.
Customization and Upgrade
If you didn't know, the stock antennas in some routers can be replaced with better ones. However, there may be a variety of options for such antennas. You just need to make sure that they're compatible with your router.
Do remember to buy better antennas from the companies themselves rather than from a third-party.
You could also always upgrade to a better router. Like with any electronic devices, these devices wear out with time. So you could always go for a better router which will offer a lot more capabilities.
Now that you have discovered some ways to improve your Wi-Fi signal, you can enjoy better connectivity. Thus, wireless internet networks have provided us the luxury of browsing the web cable-free.
Click Here for New Smartphones Best Online Deals