- 6 hrs ago iPhone 13 Vs iPhone 13 Mini Vs iPhone 13 Pro Vs iPhone 13 Pro Max
- 6 hrs ago Realme Band 2 With 90 Sports Modes To Launch On Sep 24 In India; Where To Buy?
- 7 hrs ago Best Light Weight Laptops For Students Under 1 Kilogram
- 7 hrs ago How To Enable Whatsapp Multi-Device Feature On iOS Devices: Use One WhatsApp On Four Devices
- Lifestyle Jennifer Lopez's Hair And Makeup At MTV VMAs 2021 And How To Perfect It At Minimal Cost!
- Sports Paralympic silver medallist and Noida DM Suhas Yathiraj breaks stereotypes
- Movies KBC 13: Tokyo Olympics 2020 Champions Neeraj Chopra And PR Sreejesh Grace Amitabh Bachchan’s Show
- News PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline extended to March 2022
- Finance Food Delivery Under GST Regime; Will It Be Costly Now?
- Automobiles TVS Ventures Into Personal E-Mobility Business With EGO Movement; All-Cash Deal Through Its Subsidiary
- Travel 10 Stunning Places To Visit In Winter In Kerala
- Education AFCAT Result 2021: Check IAF AFCAT Exam Result 2021 Link And Cut-off
Elon Musk To Discuss Starlink Internet Service’s Progress At MWC: What To Expect?
Elon Musk has is the epicenter of several trending topics. Be it Dogecoin crypto or Starlink's blazing fast internet service. Particularly, Elon Musk will be discussing Starlink's progress at the ongoing Mobile World Congress. Presently, Starlink is up and running in a couple of regions, mainly in North America, while it's open for pre-registration in India.
Elon Musk To Discuss Starlink's Progress
Elon Musk's Starlink project has been one of the most talked topics about across the world. Presently around 1,700 Starlink satellites are orbiting in the low-Earth orbit. Elon Musk says the project requires a total of at least 40,000 satellites to cover nooks and corners of the Earth with internet service.
As mentioned, the Starlink internet service is presently running in North America in regions limited to the USA and Canada. With the growing number of subscribers, Elon Musk is surely happy. However, there are still plenty of roadblocks the satellite-based internet service provider needs to overcome. That said, a report by the Wire reveals a couple of other problems users are facing.
Elon Musk's Starlink Internet Service Has Problems?
One of the problems the users in North America are facing is the heatwave. While there's nothing unusual about that, the Starlink internet receiving equipment seems to be having a couple of issues. "I'm gonna have to spray it with a garden hose to reboot my internet... That just feels so wrong," a Reddit user who said he lives in Arizona posted earlier this month.
The message further read: "Offline: Thermal shutdown" and "Starlink will reconnect after cooling down." To note, every Starlink subscriber gets a Starlink kit, which includes the Starlink dish that requires a clear view of the Northern Sky to communicate with the satellites. Apart from the dish, the kit also includes a router and a mount.
Normally when you have internet connections via a fiber cable, these seasonal heating and temperature rising issues don't come to the surface. Moreover, countries like India will surely have a harder time as the tropical climate is generally hot most of the year.
Elon Musk: Richest Man On Earth And Bankruptcy
Apart from this problem, Starlink also has another major hurdle to deal with: bankruptcy. Sending thousands of satellites requires massive amounts of investments and at the same time, investors expect returns. While subscribers are slowly building up, the numbers still don't match expectations.
In this scenario, Elon Musk could be facing bankruptcy with Starlink. However, Musk is confident that this wouldn't happen, even though several similar projects/companies have shut down. Musk is expected to give us more details about Starlink and its progress at the MWC event.