- 2 hrs ago Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- 10 hrs ago Vivo Y72t With Dimensity 810 SoC, 64MP Dual Cameras Goes Official; Price, Full Specifications
- 11 hrs ago iQOO Z3 5G For Rs. 16,490 At Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale; Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago List Of Vivo Smartphones To Receive FunTouch OS Beta Based On Android 12
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
- Automobiles MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
Google Search On Desktop Gets Dark Theme: Steps To Enable Dark Mode On Google Desktop
Google has been constantly updating and upgrading its service offering. If you received a notification on your Windows or macOS Google Search about trying out a new dark theme - you're not alone. Google Search is officially rolling out dark theme or dark mode for all desktop or PC users. Users also have the option of Device default, dark, or light modes.
Google Search Gets Dark Mode On Desktop
Dark mode has been a user-favorite feature for some time now. While dark mode doesn't really turn your screen completely dark, you get to experience something on the shades of dark gray. This is exactly the color you'll see on Google Search on the desktop when switched to dark mode. To note, Google has been experimenting with the dark theme on Search desktop for months now.
Users took to social media platforms to report their Google page turning into dark gray out of the blue. Soon after, Google rolled out the dark mode for selected beta users on desktop. And now, Google Search dark mode has been announced for all users globally. Looking back, Google Search in dark mode has been available for Android for months now.
How To Enable Dark Mode On Google For Desktop?
Here are the steps to enable dark mode or dark theme for Google Search on your PC or desktop:
Step 1: Open Google on your browser > select Settings at the top-right corner
Step 2: Here, click on Search Settings > and next select Appearance
Step 3: You can see multiple options here. You can choose Device default, Dark, or Light
Here, Device default will automatically match the color scheme of your current device. Dark Mode will reveal light text on a dark background. And lastly, Light Mode will show dark text on a light background.
Step 4: You can select the one of your liking at the bottom > click Save
Google isn't the only browser that's available with a dark mode option. Microsoft Edge and so others have also enabled or are experimenting with dark mode for their desktop browsers. That said, most of the mobile versions already have the feature running.