- 11 hrs ago Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- 11 hrs ago OnePlus 10R vs Nothing Phone (1): Comparison
- 11 hrs ago Apple iPhone 15 Could Support Wi-Fi 6E Network: Report
- 12 hrs ago Oppo Find N2 Flip Launch Promos Leak: Check Specs, Features Of Foldable Clamshell Smartphone
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- News Similar to Khanjawala accident, car hits scooty, drags rider for 350 meters in Delhi
- Lifestyle Makeup Tips: How To Fix Cakey Makeup Without Taking It Off?
- Finance Buy 5 Stocks That Can Soar Up To 60%: Motilal Oswal Top Stocks Recommendation
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Automobiles 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
SpaceX DearMoon Civilian Moon Trip To Ferry These Eight Global Artists
It’s finally happening! After four years of wait, SpaceX's first civilian Moon mission seems set to escape Earth’s gravity. Back in 2018, Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa along with Elon Musk, announced his idea for a week-long mission where he will be covering the costs for eight artists to join him on a voyage of a lifetime.
The dearMoon mission will take them on a lunar flyby, a journey similar to NASA’s ongoing Artemis I Moon mission that saw the Orion spacecraft take a return trip around the Moon. Maezawa launched an application process for the trip in 2021.
When Is The dearMoon Mission Taking Off?
The Japanese business wanted to approach people who think big, especially in ways that can help society in some way. He said he wanted applicants who are “willing and able to support other crewmembers who share similar aspirations.”
Now, Maezawa has confirmed that his search for fellow crewmembers is over and has revealed the names of these creative people from across the globe. The list includes famous DJ Steve Aoki and K-pop star T.O.P.
“I hope each and everyone will recognize the responsibility that comes with leaving the Earth, traveling to the moon and back,” Maezawa says in the video. “They will gain a lot from this experience, and I hope they will use that to contribute to the planet, to humanity. But more than anything, I think it’s important that each crew feels that they are enjoying this trip the most, so I hope we can all just have fun.”
The dearMoon mission is currently set for 2023 and will take off aboard SpaceX's next-gen Starship rocket. However, SpaceX is yet to fully complete Starship’s maiden orbital test flight, so it won’t be a surprise if the launch dates are delayed further.
Eight Global Artists Going To Space
The crewmember list includes two-time Grammy-nominated music producer and DJ Steve Aoki. He is also a fashion designer, NFT futurist, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. Joining him will be the Everyday Astronaut YouTube channel’s creator Tim Dodd, who has over 1.34 million subscribers on his channel.
The crew will have Brendan Hall, who is a documentary filmmaker focusing on adventures. Yemi A.D, founder of JAD Productions will also be on the flight alongside photographer Rhiannon Adam, who makes social documentary projects using photographic processes and archive materials.
The crew will also feature a professional actor of Indian origin, Dev Joshi. He is also a social media influencer and has more than 18 years of experience in the field of entertainment. Another photographer and filmmaker, Karim Illiya from Iceland will be on the crew.
Popular K-Pop star Choi Seung aka T.O.P. will also be a member of the team. He is also an award-winning actor alongside an art collector. Lastly, there will be two backups for the trip -- Kaitlyn Farrington, a 2014 Sochi Olympic Games gold winner in the snowboard halfpipe event, and Miyu, who is a professional dancer and choreographer.