- 18 min ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 3 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 7 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 8 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- News 'Apologise for what?': Vivek Oberoi defends Salman-Aishwarya meme
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tesla soon to roll out new navigation system: Elon Musk
Tesla has something new in store.
Tesla, a company known for producing powerful electric cars, has never been appreciated for its navigation system. Well, that's about to change. According to a tweet by Elon Musk, the cars will have a new navigation system. The company has been relying on third-party software resulting in delayed updates or function tweaks. This has also left many users outdated maps, especially outside the US.
Musk, in his tweet also said that this should be treated as a "mature beta," but that functionality should improve rapidly. Electrek has been posting about the updates ever since a code for the new system came into light last year.
The new navigation system is expected to improve and update routes as well as offer more legible maps through a feature called 'Vector Maps.' Tesla has built the software but it relies on modules from MapBox for open source mapping and Valhalla for routing programs.
Apart from automated driving cars, Elon Musk works on various innovative projects ranging from Mars colonization, and the Hyperloop transportation system.
Hyperloop is a system that will enable swift transport, reducing travel time significantly. The system involves a tube over or under the ground that contains a special environment, where the cars would basically be propelled. In other words, it is a proposed method of travel that would transport people at 745mph (1,200km/h) between distant locations. It was unveiled by Elon Musk in 2013, saying it could take passengers around 380 miles (610km) from LA to San Francisco in 30 minutes.
The capsule is aren't propelled by air pressure but by two electromagnetic motors similar to the maglev concept. Having said that, the tube does have a vacuum, with low-pressure air inside. The Hyperloop capsule will have a compressor fan on the front of the capsule, which redirects the air to the back of the capsule and the air will be sent to the air bearings, which are ski like paddles that levitate the capsules above the surface of the tube to reduce friction.
Also, the tubes are designed to be immune to weather and earthquakes. The tube sections can be moved around flexibly of the train ships because there isn't a constant track that capsules rely on. Moreover, Musk has suggested that solar panels running on the top of the tunnels could generate enough electricity to power the system.