- 37 min ago Samsung India, Ready Action: Win Galaxy smartphones and Smart TVs by posting videos
- 52 min ago Oppo Reno series to be Flipkart exclusive in India; slated to launch on May 28
- 1 hr ago Samsung rolls out One UI update for older smartwatches
- 1 hr ago How to get 1.5GB data per day for one year from Vodafone
- Movies Happy Birthday Jr NTR: RRR Co-Star Ram Charan Wishes The Young Tiger On His Big Day
- News Swaraj on 2 day visit to Bishkek for SCO Summit
- Sports Hudson-Odoi offered Hazard's number 10 shirt
- Finance SBI Jumps Over 7% Post Exit Poll Results: Should You Still Be Buying The Stock?
- Automobiles New Suzuki Gixxer SF 150 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Samsung launches Notebook Odyssey Z for gamers; Here are the details
The gaming notebook features a backlit keyboard with a Precision Touchpad, which will give users a more desktop-like feel.
Samsung has announced the launch of its latest gaming laptop, the Notebook Odyssey Z. It was unveiled in Beijing, China at Intel's Worldwide Launch Event of the 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor.
According to the company, the Samsung Notebook Odyssey Z "has been crafted with state-of-the art engineering and advanced thermal management to ensure a breathtaking gaming experience." Its inbuilt Z AeroFlow Cooling System consists of three key components: the Dynamic Spread Vapor Chamber, the Z AeroFlow Cooling Design and the Z Blade Blower.
Talking about the specifications, the Notebook Odyssey Z is fitted with a 15.6-inch full-HD with a screen resolution of 1,920×1,080 pixels. Under the hood, it is powered by an 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, coupled with a 6GB DDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card.
Thanks to the 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, the Notebook Odyssey Z "delivers an exceptional platform for multi-core tasks like high resolution video editing, 3D rendering and more". The device further offers up to 16GB DDR4 RAM and up to 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD.
The gaming notebook features a backlit keyboard with a Precision Touchpad, which will give users a more desktop-like feel. There are shortcut keys to capture and record the gameplay.
Backed by a 54Wh battery, the device has dual 1.5W speakers. The Notebook Odyssey Z also features a 720p HD camera. The device measures 375.6×255×17.9mm and it weighs 2.4kg.
Connectivity features onboard include a USB Type-C port, two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, an HDMI port, DC-in, a headphone jack, and a microphone.
"With the Notebook Odyssey Z, we set out to create a dynamic, user friendly laptop that would take gaming experiences to new heights, from the vibrant display to powerful processing power output," said YoungGyoo Choi, Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communication Business at Samsung Electronics.
"The seamless visuals, combined with an industry leading cooling system will help give our players an upper hand in their gaming experience."
The device will be available in select countries including Korea and China in April, with US availability starting in Q3 2018. Samsung is yet to announce the price of the product.