- 1 hr ago Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- 2 hrs ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 2 hrs ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S10 series get improved camera features via new update
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Faf du Plessis happy to see the return of Rabada, Ngidi
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3-inch upgraded with 8th gen Intel Core i5 and i7
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air gets a boost in performance with the latest 8th generation Intel processors.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3 laptop models are updated with the latest 8th generation Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors. The Mi Notebook Air was initially launched in August 2016 in the company's home market China and came as a stiff rival to the Apple iPad Air with the right blend of stunning hardware and sleek design. Back in the last year, Xiaomi came with a new version of the laptop with a 4G LTE model.
Xiaomi is not new to launch upgraded models. Besides launching the 4G LTE variant of the Mi Notebook Air in the last year, the company also upgraded the 12.5-inch model with the 7th generation Core M3 processor that improved its performance by 12%. One of the 13.3-inch of the Mi Notebook Air models received an upgrade with the 7th generation Intel Core i7 processor while the other one got the 7th generation Core i5 processor. Back then, these models received the fingerprint recognition technology too.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air specs
The new Mi Notebook 13.3-inch models have a thin 14.8mm body that is made of metal and weighs in around 1.3kg. The battery under its hood is claimed to deliver up to 9.5 hours of usage to the laptop. The laptops run Microsoft Windows 10 and are preinstalled with MS Office Home and Student 2016.
Again, Xiaomi has upgraded the two 13.3-inch models of the Mi Notebook Air laptops with the 8th generation Core i5 and Core i7 processors. The processor is teamed up with 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 256GB of PCIe SSD hard drive. Notably, the storage can be expanded further as well. The latest version of Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air has inbuilt NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics card with 2GB GDDR5 memory instead of NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics card with 1GB GDDR5 memory.
Both the laptops come with custom AKG speakers just like their predecessors. There is a fingerprint recognition feature at the upper right corner of the trackpad of these laptops. The screen features 5.59mm narrow bezels and 1080p resolution. These laptops also have an upgraded cooling system with the ultra-thin metal blades that can control the temperature effectively so that there is an increase in the performance.
Price and availability
On the pricing front, the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3 version with the 8th generation Core i5 processor is priced at 5399 yuan (approx. Rs. 54,000). It is available for pre-sale on Mi.com only in the dark gray color option. The company is yet to disclose the pricing of the Core i7 variant of the Mi Notebook Air.