- 7 hrs ago Apple Has A Plan To Make Your Existing MacBooks Look Old: MacBook Pro With Notch Incoming?
- 11 hrs ago Mars Comes To Earth: Israel Crater Turns Into Perfect Red Planet Base For Training Astronauts
- 24 hrs ago Poco M4 Pro 5G With Up 6GB RAM Spotted At FCC; When Is It Launching?
- 1 day ago Honor Band 6 Selling At Just Rs. 2,499 At Flipkart: Should You Buy?
- Movies Madhuri Dixit Celebrates 22 Years Of Marriage With Husband Sriram Nene, Shares Special Video
- News Kearala rains: PM Modi speaks to CM Vijayan on floods; says deaths saddening
- Finance I-T Raid On Digital Marketing, Waste Management: Discovers Unaccounted Investments of Rs 7 Cr
- Sports Mere formality but BCCI invites application for head coach's post
- Automobiles Hyundai Venue Vs Hyundai i20; Which One Should You Pick?
- Lifestyle Turmeric For Depression: Does It Help Ease The Symptoms? How To Use
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro launched: Can it compete with 2017 Apple MacBook Pro?
The Chinese OEM is touting that Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro is set to basically compete with 2017 Apple MacBook Pro.
Xiaomi just kickstarted its Bejing event by unveiling a new laptop for the consumers in the market. Dubbed as Mi Notebook Pro, the Chinese OEM is touting that this model basically competes with 2017 Apple MacBook Pro. As such, the new notebook comes with a refreshing look and sleek design while being lightweight.
The company further boasts of using eight generation Intel Core i7 processors on the laptop, as well as a new 'symmetrical cooling design' that cools down the device more efficiently. Apart from these, Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro also comes with a fingerprint sensor in the touchpad itself which is powered by Microsoft Windows Hello.
While those are some of the key highlights of the new laptop, let's have a look at the device in full detail.
Display, Processors, RAM and Storage
Mi Notebook Pro comes with a 15.6-inch display and Xiaomi as usual compared the new device with the 15-inch Apple MacBook Pro 2017. It is not only the laptops but Xiaomi tends to compare a lot of its newly launched devices with Apple products. Besides, the display also features a 72 percent NTSC color gamut and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for added protection.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro as said earlier is powered by eight generation Intel Core i7 processors, with dedicated graphics card (Nvidia GeForce MX150). The Notebook offers up to 16GB of 2400MHz DDR4 RAM, and an up to 256GB PCIe SSD.
The laptop will also feature Harman Infinity custom-built speakers and Dolby Atmos audio. As per the company, the laptop is backed by a 60Wh battery and it comes with a new lightweight charger. The company said that this charger can charge the laptop up to 50 percent in just 35 minutes.
Moving on, the keyboard is backlit and the company has claimed that the keyboard area is 19 percent larger than the MacBook Pro.
Connectivity options include 3-in-1 SD card slot, two USB Type-C ports, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a full-sized HDMI port, and two USB Type-A ports (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0). The laptop has dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac. The laptop weighs 1.95kg, and measures 360.7x243.6x15.9mm.
Price and Variants
Xiaomi has introduced the Mi Notebook Pro in three variants - Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM which is starting at CNY 6,999 (approximately Rs. 68,700), Intel Core i7 with 8GB RAM at CNY 6,399 (approximately Rs. 62,900), and Intel Core i5 with 8GB RAM at CNY 5,599 (approximately Rs. 55,000). The Mi Notebook Pro is available in Dark Gray color.