TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Let's be clear. Acer is good at making notebooks, they make amazing PCs under Iconia series. Their last tablet called the Acer Iconia B1, an affordable device by value, was launched in India few days back. Of lately, the Taiwan based manufacturer didn't come out with any cool smartphones. But now the manufacturer wants to make really out of the world products.
Looks like, Acer has its eyes glued on the much hyped phablet market. The latest buzz indicates that the tech giant is planning to announce the Acer Liquid S - a series of Phablet devices to arrive probably this year.
Acer Liquid S - Waiting to Hold Bigger Pie than Samsung and Party
While already the hotshot grabbed the headlines with the launch of Acer Liquid C1, announced at Thailand earlier this year. Now the new rumors indicate that the firm is seriously considering an opportunity to announce its phablet range. According to a report by GSMArena, at the concluded MWC event, ST Liew, Smartphone Business Group President at Acer, echoed loudly at the upcoming phablet Liquid S series. The advertorial published in Mobile World Daily 2013 made much emphasis on Acer's future directions.
Report quoted, "Unlimited exploration: the line between tablet and phone is blurring, a new breed of smartphone, the Phablet, is an irreversible trend to create new lifestyles. With above 4.7″ and quad-core+ processors, those giants offer extremely high resolution for multi-tasking, gaming, browsing and more. Acer will launch its Liquid S series as part of this growing segment."
Currently Samsung rules the phablet market like anything. Both Galaxy Note and Note 2 are the bestsellers in many countries. To some extent our very own Indian market is also driving phablet market.
Consumers love big screen phones and this is what mobile manufacturers aims for. Karbonn , an Indian based mobile handset manufacturer , offers a 5.9-inch phablet. Swipe, another local mobile -handset firm, has come up with a 6.0-inch phablet.
At CES 2013, major companies flaunted their own versions of phablet devices. The most astonishing offering was in the form of Huawei Ascend Mate 6.1. The South Korean giant wants to re-write history with the rumored Galaxy Note 3. The device could arrive this year. Stay tuned to GizBot.