- 1 hr ago British Woman Recovers Her iPhone 8 From Thames River In Working Condition
- 1 hr ago Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite, Huawei P40 Pro+, Redmi K30 Pro And More
- 1 hr ago Most Trusted Tech Brands By Indian Consumers
- 2 hrs ago Redmi Note 9 Pro Tips And Tricks That Every User Must Know
- Movies Fight Against Coronavirus: Arjun Kapoor Donates To Various Charities
- Finance Force Majeure Clause To Not Apply For COVID-19 Death Claims, Says Life Insurance Council
- News PM Modi, Australian PM discuss COVID-19 response strategies
- Lifestyle Anti-parasitic Drug Can Kill COVID-19 Cell Culture Within 48 Hours, Study Finds
- Sports Coronavirus: Kyrgios offers to help struggling Australians
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
- Automobiles Honda City Diesel Variants Discontinued In India: New-Generation Sedan Launch Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Alcatel Makes One Touch Hero, Idol Series Official: A Detailed Look At the Handsets [PHOTOS]
The native smartphone market is currently booming with a host of new handsets. It's almost everyday that you get to see one or two new handsets arriving from a maker. And Alcatel is another name with a lot of potential entering the race.
Alcatel, a joint venture between Alcatel-Lucent of France and TCL Communication of China, has officially launched an array of smartphones in India. And by the looks of things, the company wants to make a quick yet effective impact.
Out of all the devices revealed, the most impressive device in the entire lot remains to be the One Touch Hero, which was unveiled at IFA 2013 tech show. Apart from that the company has also launched other devices in its popular One Touch Idol series.
Going through the specs of it all, the One Touch Hero packs a 6-inch 1080p display, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 13 MP rear camera, 2 MP front-facing camera, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 32GB and a 3400 mAh battery. It comes with a stylus, black crystal touch panel and brushed metallic finish. It will retail for Rs. 30,000 in the country.
There are other handsets in the mix as well that were revealed are One Touch Idol X, One Touch Idol S and One Touch Idol mini. These were all launched last year.
Idol X comes with a 5-inch 1080p full HD edge-to-edge display and it is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor. Other specs include: 13MP rear camera (8MP variant too), 2000 mAh battery and it is 7.1mm thin.
On the other hand, the Idol S has a smaller display measuring 4.7-inch. It is a 720p HD display. The company has not shared any information about the processor. Anyways, other specs include: 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera, 1GB of RAM, and 4GB of internal storage.
Lastly, the Idol Mini could be the smallest in the lot with 4.3-inch FWVGA display. It houses a 5MP rear camera, VGA front camera, 512MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal storage.
As expected, GizBot was present at the unveiling of the phones. And here are a few top features of the Alcatel One Touch Hero.
As we mentioned before, the One Touch Hero packs a 6-inch 1080p display, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T processor. Here's a closer look at the handset.
The handset comes running the dated Android Jelly Bean OS from Android. Also it packs a massive 3400mAh battery. Here's a look at it closely.
The new Alcatel One Touch Hero has a dedicated camera offering. While the handset has a 13 MP rear camera for a great imaging experience, there's also a 2 MP front-facing camera that's more than enough for selfies and video calls.
Alcatel One Touch Hero offers 2GB of RAM at its price point. And that's coupled by 16GB of internal memory space. The device's memory can also be expanded up to 32GB.
The Alcatel One Touch Hero comes with a stylus, a black crystal touch panel alongside a brushed metallic finish that gives quite the brilliant look.