TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Good news for Samsung smartphone users! The South-Korean manufacturing giant will be pushing out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for existing Android smartphones in the market including Galaxy Note and Galaxy S2. Reportedly, the update has been scheduled for the month of March.
Meanwhile, budget handsets including the Galaxy Ace 2 and S Advance will start receiving the update in April. More good news from Samsung is that the operating systems for Galaxy Tab 7.0 and Tab 8.9 will be tweaked to Jelly Bean and Ice Cream Sandwich respectively.
The information about the updates comes from the official Samsung Ukraine website. However, the schedule of updates will probably vary, based on regions. Let's have a look at the schedule info.
GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 to Jelly Bean 22.04.2013;
GT-I9070 Galaxy S Advance to Jelly Bean 18.02.2013;
GT-I9100 Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean 03.03.2013;
GT-N7000 Galaxy Note to Jelly Bean 01.03.2012;
GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab 7.0 to Jelly Bean 22.02.2013;
GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Ice Cream Sandwich 24.01.2013
Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung's S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S3)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now