TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Most of the devices these days with an older version of the Android OS running in them are being given the latest 4.2.2 Android update. We have witnessed the Blackberry Android firmware update, Samsung's yet to come update on Galaxy S3 and there are also speculations regarding the Xperia ZL getting the similar update. Sony has recently also pushed an Android 4.2.2 update for their, one of the best flagship, Xperia Z. The news comes from the leak of the update that is creating quite a stir in the mobile phone world.
Now for those who had been desperately waiting for the Android 4.2.2 update to roll out for Sony Xperia Z, it looks like the wait is over.
Reports suggest that the Android 4.2.2 update has begun rolling out to the Xperia Z model C6603, which is perhaps the unlocked international variant of the device. Phonearena reports further said that they had confirmations from China as well as Spain regarding the update making its way to users.
The release party of the firmware is from Spain. The update is signed 10.3.A.0.423 and comes with the latest version of Android Jelly Bean and Kernel 3.4.0. The over the air update should soon be available in other countries soon.
Xperia Blog also said that in Spain and Ukraine, Xperia Z LTE model C6603 is eligible, while carrier-tied versions in Austria, Czech Republic, and the Netherlands are also currently receiving Android 4.2.2. Owners of the HSPA+ Xperia Z model C6602 in Taiwan should also be getting a taste of Android 4.2.2.
On the contrary the Australian carrier Telstra stated that Android 4.2.2 is currently in a testing for the Xperia Z, and will release it July 15.