TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Most of the devices these days with an older version of the Android OS running in them are being given the latest 4.2.2 Android update. We have witnessed the Blackberry Android firmware update, Samsung's yet to come update on Galaxy S3 and there are also speculations regarding the Xperia ZL getting the similar update. Sony has recently also pushed an Android 4.2.2 update for their, one of the best flagship, Xperia Z. The news comes from the leak of the update that is creating quite a stir in the mobile phone world.
Now for those who had been desperately waiting for the Android 4.2.2 update to roll out for Sony Xperia Z, it looks like the wait is over.
Reports suggest that the Android 4.2.2 update has begun rolling out to the Xperia Z model C6603, which is perhaps the unlocked international variant of the device. Phonearena reports further said that they had confirmations from China as well as Spain regarding the update making its way to users.
The release party of the firmware is from Spain. The update is signed 10.3.A.0.423 and comes with the latest version of Android Jelly Bean and Kernel 3.4.0. The over the air update should soon be available in other countries soon.
Xperia Blog also said that in Spain and Ukraine, Xperia Z LTE model C6603 is eligible, while carrier-tied versions in Austria, Czech Republic, and the Netherlands are also currently receiving Android 4.2.2. Owners of the HSPA+ Xperia Z model C6602 in Taiwan should also be getting a taste of Android 4.2.2.
On the contrary the Australian carrier Telstra stated that Android 4.2.2 is currently in a testing for the Xperia Z, and will release it July 15.