TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Launched back in September last year, Sony launched its mid range Xperia M handset which is doing pretty good in the market. But Sony Mobile has yet to make announcements regarding the upgrading plans for the same smartphone. The device is currently running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
Sony has already been releasing the Android 4.3 update for its other Xperia handsets, however the Xperia M was left out from the lot. While the rumors were abuzz regarding the update to the M handset.
Now it seems that the XDA Developers have been working hard on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat build for the Sony Xperia M. Moreover, the stable Android 4.4.2 KitKat build is available for download to those who know how to flash a custom ROM. This particular Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM is based on an unofficial CyanogenMod 11 build, which is likely to get some updates in the future.
But it is worth noting that the update comes with some minor bugs that need to be addressed in future updates, but those who want KitKat on their Xperia M devices can flash this build and have no problems use it on a daily basis.
Take a look at some of the important features that have been confirmed to work on this KitKat build:
The RIL (ie. calls, SMS, mobile data), Display, Camera, video, panorama, Audio and video playback, Audio recording, Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi tethering, Bluetooth & Bluetooth tethering, OpenGL rendering, Hardware video decoding & encoding, Sensors (ie. accelerometer, compass, light, proximity), SD card, Auto brightness, Notification LED, NFC (Near Filed Communication) and GPS.
The Sony Xperia M is a dual-SIM handset that has a 4-inch display, 1GHz dual core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB memory, expanded upto 32GB, NFC,GPRS,GPS, EDGE, 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, 5 megapixel camera, LED flash and a 1700 mAh battery.