TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
The official unveiling of Android 4.4 KitKat alongside the rumored hyped Nexus 5 might still be few days away, a new round of rumors have started to take place. Google had announced the official name of Android mobile OS earlier this month. Then, the software giant did not disclose the release date of next version of Android. Even now Google is yet to confirm the exact release date of Android 4.4 KitKat.
A Facebook post from Nestlé's German KitKat Facebook page ( via The Unwired )confirms the release date of fabled OS. The Android 4.4 KitKat to be officially launched in the month of October, as per a new report. Industry insiders suspect that Google and LG will lift the curtain from Nexus 5 smartphone soon. Multiple reports also suggest that October 14 is the chosen date when we could see the official coming of Android 4.4 KitKat. Moreover, LG's Nexus 5 is said to debut alongside Android 4.4 KitKat.
The suspense around Android 4.4 KitKat is valid considering Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is yet to made available on most of the Android based handsets. As of now, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 2, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Nexus 4 are entitled to run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Soon, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S4 will be updated to v4.3 Jelly Bean. The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean came with minor upgrades.
Now the real update is expected in the form of Android 4.4 KitKat. Everyone is expecting Android 4.4 KitKat to be a major update. For Google, the new OS could prove to be game changer, especially in countries like India and China.
Reportedly, the new version of Android would be optimized to run on a device having 512MB of RAM. Moreover, the new update would bring changes in the gallery visualization, new Animation APIs and updated notifications widgets. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates.