- News TMC worker Nirmal Kundu's murder: Accused arrested from Chhattisgarh
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: West Indies Vs Bangladesh: Preview, where to watch, timing, probable XI
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Apple Boasts 'Record Number Of Preorders' For iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
Apparently, the new Apple iPhone design must have impressed a lot of fans as the pre-booking of the two devices have just been one of the record-breaking ones. However, it was just in the US market and the pre-booking started on Friday starting 3am Eastern Time.
Although, the numbers of the pre-orders taken have not been disclosed as of now, but it must have been phenomenal as the Apple online store, and certain carriers' online stores, suffered from technical difficulties. Withal, customers of T-Mobile and Sprint also had troubles reserving the new models early Friday.
Apart from that, in some other regions, the site was not working. However, 90 minutes later, Apple was still having issues in certain countries. Nevertheless, despite the problems, the 5.5 inch Apple iPhone 6 Plus is currently on back order, with shipments to resume in three to four weeks.
For most of the day, all versions of the iPhone 6 were available with shipping to take place on the phone's regular launch date of September 19th. Now, however, Apple's website shows the 64GB and 128GB versions of the iPhone 6 shipping in 7 to 10 business days.
The company said in a statement Friday that iPhone 6 and 6 Plus preorders have been higher than ever before. "Response to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has been incredible, with a record number of preorders overnight," Apple said.
Obviously, the new design and sizes of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have been the major factor that attracted most of the iPhone fans this year. Moreover, also the use of the 64-bit chipset and new Apple Pay digital wallet are responsible for making the new devices more deserving.
Anyways, it is to be noted that along with the launch of the new iPhone and Apple Watch at the keynote on September 9th, the Cupertino giant also killed the iPod Classic.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!