TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Apple is one of those companies whose main strength lies in the capability to innovate beyond normal expectations. So it's not a big deal whenever there are reports on the web that Apple is either looking to introduce a lighter iPhone or is looking to bring added features to its iOS platform.
Now, a brand new report from South China Morning Post is claiming that if its internal sources are to be believed, Apple is planning to discontinue the iPhone 5c later this year in favor of an iPhone 5s that's, apparently, made up of cheaper materials.
The report states that Apple is looking to roll out the iPhone 6 in two different size variants - 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch - in September. And this comes directly from industry insiders who already have had access to the devices' prototypes.
While one insider related to the company states that Apple will "have to tackle the phablet [devices that serve as both phone and tablet] market. People want bigger screens now," another one claims the "The screens will be flat. Apple doesn't do anything until Samsung does it, and then they improve upon it."
The sources, as we mentioned earlier, who have already seen the prototypes for the devices, also claimed that these devices include screens that are made up of sapphire crystal. And these new insights seem quite contrary to recent reports that have suggested that Apple has decided against using the sapphire crystal due to its high cost.
As of now, the Cupertino-based technology giant is said to be looking to explore new avenues in technology and related products this year. Maybe more information on its plans ahead will be revealed at the upcoming WWDC.