- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Bhuvneshwar goes off injured and replacement Shankar strikes first ball
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Apple Has Reportedly Asked Foxconn To Halt Production Of iPhone 5C
Its common knowledge that Apple's iPhone 5C isn't selling too well. But could sales of the handset be so bad that Apple has halted production of the units in certain factories? A new report suggests so.
Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), who manufacture some of Apple's most notable products, will stop production of the iPhone 5c at its unit in Zhengzhou, northern China. It will then shift its entire capacity to iPhone 5s, according to a report from DigiTimes.
Sources also indicated that previously, Foxconn, and Pegatron Technology have obtained OEM orders for 30% and 70%, respectively, of iPhone 5c production. However, one month ago, Apple lowered iPhone 5c orders to Pegatron by 20%. Foxconn saw a larger cut, with its numbers being reduced by nearly one-third for the fourth quarter due to low sales of the plasticy iPhone 5C.
Another report from WantChinaTimes claims that production of the iPhone 5C has been halted completely. The news comes after a worker at a plant posted information about the halt online.
Apart from low iPhone 5C sales, this move could have also been motivated by some serious iPhone 5S supply shortages across the globe. There's a also some speculation that Apple might just cut down production of the iPhone 5S, thereby making it harder to find. The scarcity might enhance the product's image as a 'premium device' over the cheaper iPhone 5C.
If you're interested in entertaining some extremely wild speculation, then rumors have it that Apple might even considering stopping production of the iPhone 5C completely sometime next year. If this does turn out to be true, then the iPhone 5C might become the iPhone with the shortest ever production life span.