Apple iPhone 6 Gets Bent and Catches Fire [VIDEO]

Posted By:

Apple has been subject to several controversies over the past few months. Days after "Bendgate" and "Hairgate" scandal, the Cupertino-based giant is again seemed to have stuck in a new controversy.

Now, a new report claims that an iPhone 6 caught fire in a man's jean pocket, causing serious second-degree burns to the owner's right leg. Narrating the whole incident via his blog, Philip says his iPhone 6 bent so much in his pocket that it led to serious injuries on his right leg.

Recommended: Should You Buy iPad Mini 2 Or Wait for Apple iPad Mini 3 India Release? [Specs Comparison]

Apple iPhone 6 Gets Bent and Catches Fire [VIDEO]

According to multiple reports, an entrepreneur and Business coach, Phillip Lechter was visiting the University of Arizona in Tuscon with his family. During the trip, the family traveled on a bicycle rickshaw, or pedicab, across town when a wheel got caught on a trolley track, which caused the pedicab to tip over.

Phillip Lechter reported that a burning smell and thick smoke was coming from his phone. In fact, Lechter described in his blog that the iPhone 6 fire burned through his jean pocket, through his boxers, and later burned his leg. Thankfully, the leather case around his phone prevented him from burning his hand as well.

"The doctor's report described a 11.5 cm x 10.5 cm burn area on my right leg and classified the burn as 2nd degree with first degree burns surrounding the area," Lechter described via his blog.

"The smell was disturbing. I could feel my leg burning. I pulled the Apple iPhone 6 out of my pocket and threw it to the side. Someone from a crowd of spectators threw a cup of water on my leg to put the fire out on my jeans".

As you'll see in the video (embedded below), it shows several people trying to calm down Mr. Philip and pouring water on the blown-up metal-clad iPhone.

This is, of course, a tragic incident. Last year, a similar accident took place, when Swiss teenager Fanny Schlatter suffered second- and third-degree burns to her right thigh, thanks to her Galaxy S3 handset that exploded in her pants pocket.

<center><iframe width="100%" height="390" src="//" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!

Read More About apple | iphone 6 | news | smartphones | iOS

Please Wait while comments are loading...
Opinion Poll