Apple To Launch Next Gen iPhone in August: Report

Posted By:

    Apple usually waits until the second-half of the year to launch a new flagship iPhone, but this year the company will reportedly make the big announcement in August, according to a recent from the China Post.

    Click Here For The Latest Smartphone Gallery

    Apple To Launch Next Gen iPhone in August: Report

    KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has apparently confirmed that the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus could be unveiled a little earlier than expected.

    Recommended: GizBot Buying Guide: Top 10 Phablets for Price Less Than Rs 5,000

    Apple has never unveiled an iPhone in the July/August time frame. But this time around we could expect an early announcement. This corroborates an earlier report in which it was also claimed that the next-generation iPhone could see an earlier-than-expected announcement.

    Apple To Launch Next Gen iPhone in August: Report

    The report further claims that Foxconn is expected to secure between 60% to 70% of orders to assemble the new iPhones models. According to Kuo's report, the standard 4.7-inch model will account for the bulk of Apple's orders, 66% to be exact, while the 5.5-inch phablet model will account for the remaining 34%.

    Recommended: How To Update Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA

    It seems that Apple is expected to move its announcement up in an effort to undercut Samsung, which is rumoured to unveil a successor to the Galaxy Note 5 in July, much ahead of this year's IFA tech show.

    X

    Stay updated with latest technology news & gadget reviews - Gizbot

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Gizbot sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Gizbot website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more