TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
Apple Inc is currently investigating a incident, where a 23 year old Chinese woman allegedly died due to electrocution, after answering a call on her iPhone 5. Ma Ailun a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, died after answering her phone when it was charging.
The older sister of the victim, on Saturday made a post on Sina Weibo, a Chinese micro-blogging site, saying Ma was electrocuted after answering a call on her iPhone while it was charging.
"(I) hope that Apple Inc. can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging," her post read. However, the sister's identity still hasn't been reveled.
The post went on to become viral, with many people forwarding the message and warning others, the danger of using mobile phones when they are charging. As per the report of of xinhuanet, the local police have confirmed that the Victim did indeed die of electrocution, but are yet to confirm on whether this was due to the iPhone.
Apple said in a statement "We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter."
On a related topic, there have also been a few posts on Facebook in the past, claiming that phones had exploded in the hands, after being used while charging. So is there a element of truth to this? Let us know in the comments section below.