TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Earlier this week, reports popped up in the tech media world suggesting that Apple is working on a low-end, cheap iPhone in order to increase its market share and compete with the likes of mid range global smarphone market, just like the Cupertino based tech giant recently released the mini version of its top selling Apple iPad -- the iPad Mini. Going by the latest trends, tech pundits are widely anticipating that Apple is changing its current strategy in order to create an appeal and create a ground in the category of budget conscious consumers.
However, in an interview with a Chinese newspaper Shanghai Evening News, Apple Marketing SVP Phil Schiller has denied the rumor. He reportedly said the iPhone 5 is the best iPhone for Apple and his company is not concerned with market share.
The report also noted Schiller repeatedly stressed that user experience is the key to winning Apple and that the Cupertino based company only considers using the best technology such as production processes, Retina screen, aluminum body and others while working on new products.
Schiller also criticized the approach followed by some of its competitors of expanding their product lineup quickly by launching several products in different ranges. Apple's executive argues that a small product line ensures maximum software and accessory compatibility by reducing the effort on the part of developers and manufacturers to ensure that their products work on all devices.
Moreover, he added that Apple currently quenches the need of budget conscious consumers by slashing the price of its previous models before discontinuing them.
Prior to the launch of iPad Mini - the miniature and cheaper variant of the tablet market dominator iPad, the same person - Phil Schiller denied several times that the Cupertino based company will not come up with such a device. Afterall, it is Apple's strategy to maintain its upcoming devices highly secretive.
Meanwhile, at the CES 2013, Apple has already been honored with a Technology and Engineering Emmy on Thursday at a ceremony at Las Vegas. The other companies that are set to receive the Emmy Awards are Sony, Canon and Motorola.