- 6 hrs ago Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Hands-On Video Reveals Design In Full Glory
- 10 hrs ago Xiaomi Diwali With Mi Sale Slated For September 28 Promises Price Slash, Discounts
- 10 hrs ago Nebula Launches Mars II Smart Portable Projector In India for Rs. 51,999
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Automobiles Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- Lifestyle 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Apple Unveils iPhone 5: Not Revolutionary Enough!
Cognized to all, Apple quite unexpectedly missed out on a few most-anticipated features such as the A6 quad-core processor, NFC and iOS 6 when the company launched the new iPad earlier this year.
Hence, it was highly anticipated that these exciting features were definitely coming to the new iPhone. And now the Cupertino-giant has unveiled iPhone 5 which also lacks quite a few highly expected innovative features like NFC, wireless charging, big Retina Display screen and many more.
Instead the new iPhone 5 boasts a 4-inch display, measuring 7.6mm in thickness and 112 grams in weight. However, during the launch Apple Marketing VP Phil Schiller claimed that iPhone 5 is the thinnest and lightest iPhone that Apple has ever made, and is constructed "entirely" out of glass and aluminum.
Well, whatever may be the case, but finally the much hyped iPhone 5 is finally out and here is a brief listing of all the new features in the sixth generation phone by Apple.
Display: iPhone 5 has been confirmed to have 4-inch screen which can also accommodate a 5th row of icons.
Processor: The new iPhone is powered by a new chip, called A6, that’s smaller but more potent than the previous A5 chip and will also come along with 1GB RAM.
Camera: The successor of iPhone 4S has only received an upgrade in camera features. While, it’s the same 8MP rear camera and 1.3MP front facing VGA, but it will include features like backside illumination, a hybrid IR filter, a five-element lens and f/2.4 aperture. More features include spatial noise reduction, a dynamic low-light mode, and faster photo capture.
Further, Apple has also introduced Panorama mode, which will allow users to take large horizontal panoramic images with their camera. According to Schiller, these wide images can clock in at up to 28 megapixels and more.
Even the video has also received an upgrade. The FaceTime camera is now HD (720p), and the rear camera offers 1080p HD with improved video stabilization. The users will be able to take still photos while recording video.
Operating System: Going through the records, Apple has always launched a new device with an upgraded version of operating system. Hence, following the tradition, iPhone 5 comes with the new iOS 6 operating system. Apple confirms that it’s replacing Google Maps with its own Maps app that can handle turn-by-turn navigation. Users can use the Siri voice command feature to create and post messages for Facebook.
Connectivity: iPhone 5 will support 4G LTE wireless networks of Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint and multiple providers overseas. The phone will also support GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, CDMA 800 / 1900 - for Verizon, 3G Network -- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
Battery: In the on-going event Apple says that the battery of iPhone 5 can last 8 hours during 3G talk time and browsing, 10 hours for Wi-Fi browsing and video watching, 40 hours playing music, and 225 hours on standby.
Price and Availability: iPhone 5 will come in two colors: black and white and 16/32/64 GB storage. No change in pricing from the iPhone 4S: $199 for 16 GB of memory, $299 for 32 GB, and $399 for 64GB.
Further, confirming the rumours, Apple informed that the new iPhone will be released in the market on September 21 and consumers can pre-order on September 14. Further, Apple expects the iPhone 5 to be released in 100 countries by year end.
- nanoSIM card support only
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- iCloud cloud service
- Twitter and Facebook integration
- iBooks PDF reader
- Audio/video player and editor
- Image editor
- Voice memo/command/dial
Let us know in comments, do you like the new iPhone 5? Or you expected something better from Apple?