TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Asus could be gearing up to launch a second-generation Nexus 7 tablet in the coming months, according to sources in the company's supply chain. As per the information from the sources, a Digitimes report claims that Asus will launch a new Intel-powered smartphone after the launch of the Nexus 7 successor.
The Taiwanese tech giant has already announced a number of new devices this year including FonePad. Now, the report claims that Asus will launch a new smartphone with an Intel Atom Z2580 Clover Trail+ processor in June. The device is expected to boast a large 5 to 5.5 inch display, which is similar to that of the Lenovo K900, which also uses Intel Atom Z2580 processor. As of now, the rest of the details regarding this new Asus smartphone remain a mystery.
The sources also have some information on the second-generation Nexus 7. According to the report, the device will appear in May with enhanced specifications and a price tag of $249 (approx. Rs 13,400). Though the next Nexus 7 seems to come with a slightly higher price tag, it is likely to come with enhanced specifications. Like its predecessor, it will compete with other 7 and 8 inch tablets already existing in the market, including Amazon Kindle Fire and Apple iPad Mini.
Apparently, Asus and Google will work together once again and the 7-incher is most likely to be introduced at the Google I/O conference alongside Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, Motorola X Phone and maybe LG Nexus 5.