TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
Asus could be gearing up to launch a second-generation Nexus 7 tablet in the coming months, according to sources in the company's supply chain. As per the information from the sources, a Digitimes report claims that Asus will launch a new Intel-powered smartphone after the launch of the Nexus 7 successor.
The Taiwanese tech giant has already announced a number of new devices this year including FonePad. Now, the report claims that Asus will launch a new smartphone with an Intel Atom Z2580 Clover Trail+ processor in June. The device is expected to boast a large 5 to 5.5 inch display, which is similar to that of the Lenovo K900, which also uses Intel Atom Z2580 processor. As of now, the rest of the details regarding this new Asus smartphone remain a mystery.
The sources also have some information on the second-generation Nexus 7. According to the report, the device will appear in May with enhanced specifications and a price tag of $249 (approx. Rs 13,400). Though the next Nexus 7 seems to come with a slightly higher price tag, it is likely to come with enhanced specifications. Like its predecessor, it will compete with other 7 and 8 inch tablets already existing in the market, including Amazon Kindle Fire and Apple iPad Mini.
Apparently, Asus and Google will work together once again and the 7-incher is most likely to be introduced at the Google I/O conference alongside Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, Motorola X Phone and maybe LG Nexus 5.