TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Asus PadFone 2 Coming with Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 on October 16
Asus the Taiwanese consumer electronics goods company unveiled the PadFone, a smartphone and tablet hybrid at the the Mobile World Congress 2012 held in Barcelona in Febraury. The device was released in several markets across the world in the first half of the year and recently it made its way to India at a price of Rs 64,999 alongside Transformer Pad TF300TG priced at Rs 43,999.
Its not more than six months and on September 20, Asus started sending out invites to the tech media world for an event scheduled on October 16.
While other smartphone vendors including HTC and Motorola were tight-lipped about their launches at their respective events, Asus has made it quite clear that the PadFone 2 will be the center of attraction at the event.
PadFone 2 as the name indicates is the successor of the PadFone, a smartphone that can be converted into a tablet and netbook with the respective docks.
According to the picture posted by the Italian website, Netbook Italia, the special Asus event will be held on October 16, and also in Milan and Taipei simultaneously.
Also, the teaser image in the invite resembles a part of the device, which is reminiscent of the original PadFone.
Further, the leaked benchmarks in earlier reports revealed that the PadFone successor will house a 1.5GHz quad core Snapdragon S4 processor under its hood. Moreover, the benchmark results also suggested that the handset will be flavored with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. Besides, this nothing much about the smartphone is known.
PadFone 2 being the successor of the original PadFone, which is a smartphone, tablet and netbook hybrid will be a great device for those consumers who prefer to have an all-in-one device instead of owning a smartphone, a tablet and a laptop individually. So, are you looking forward for the PadFone 2?