TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
RIM is all set to unveil a couple of their new smartphones based on the all new BlackBerry 10 operating system at a special event on January 30. Obviously, the company gave off several BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices for its developers in 2012 itself. These pre-releases devices have been spotted on eBay, the online retailer.
According to a report by BlackBerry OS, the BB10 Dev Aplha have started showing up on eBay and a couple of them have been sold for $900 (approx. Rs 48,900) and $1000 (approx. Rs 54,350) respectively.
For those BlackBerry fans who like to have your hands on the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha handsets on eBay irrespective of their hefty price tags, keep in mind that the handsets will be have any warranty if there is something wrong.
Another important point to be considered is that these devices are clearly marked that they are "property of RIM" and "not for resale". Some tech experts believe that RIM has nothing to do anything about these devices. Some even suggest that these transactions may be illegal and RIM can even file a civil or a criminal suit against the sellers.
Recently, BlackBerry Z10 - the full touchscreen device prototype surfaced online with two QWERTY keyboard smartphones of which one is the rumored N-Series smartphone, which is expected to be called as BlackBerry X10. Another BlackBerry 10 device shown in white color with QWERTY version is expected to be the Dev Alpha, a BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a physical QWERTY keyboard which was revealed by RIM. This Dev Alpha smartphone is only for developers who are looking to test their Blackberry 10 apps.