TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
BlackBerry launched their new mid-range smartphone BlackBerry Q5 yesterday(July 16) in India. You can call this QWERTY phone, the little brother of the high-end BB10 OS based handset Blackberry Q10. Available in Black, Pure White and Pure Red, the device is targeted towards the youth.
Guess what, the phone is already out for sale on e-commerce site Infibeam at a price of Rs. 24,990. The handset will be available to buy at 0% EMI scheme, where the EMI will start from Rs 2,301 per month.
Lets take a look at the specifications of the smartphone, for those who are interested to buy. The BlackBerry Q5 is understandably a QWERTY handset like the Q 10, with a few differences, in terms of design. The device runs on BlackBerry 10.1 Operating System, comes with a 3.1 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display at resolution of 720 x 720 pixels and 328 PPI pixel density, Snapdragon dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 5 MP rear camera and 2 MP camera front camera.
Connectivity features including single SIM, 2G, 3G, GPRS, SPEED, WLAN, Bluetooth, NFC and microUSB v2.0, 8 GB internal storage capacity, expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card and Li-Ion 2180 mAh battery.
The Chief Marketing Officer for BlackBerry, Frank Boulben has said earlier during the recent release of Q10, "We're convinced there is a significant segment of the market who prefers to have a physical keyboard, We want to continue to serve that segment."
Addressing the Q5 launch, Sunil Lalvani, the Managing Director for India at BlackBerry said, "The BlackBerry Q5 smartphone offers the full BlackBerry 10 functionality as well as access to the growing catalog of BlackBerry 10 apps. With its physical QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen, it gives customers the best of both worlds."
If you are confused on the decision to buy the handset have a quick look at the Gizbot first impression of the mid range QWERTY handset Blackberry Q5.