TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Cannadian company BlackBerry have pinned their hopes on their new flagship smartphone Z10 and looks like, they have found the break, they were looking for. On March 13, 2013, the company announced that one of it's established partners had placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones. This is easily the largest ever single purchase order in BlackBerry's history
Rick Costanzo, EVP Global Sales, BlackBerry "An order for one million devices is a tremendous vote of confidence in BlackBerry 10,"
"Consumers are ready for a new user experience, and BlackBerry 10 delivers. With strong partner support, coupled with this truly re-invented new platform, we have a powerful recipe for success." He added.
BlackBerry did not disclose information on who made this massive purchase. However, the news interestingly comes after AT&T and Verizon announce BlackBerry 10 release dates of March 22 and March 28 respectively. Tech world seems to think, there might be some kind of a connection between the two. Anyways, telecom service providers have declined to comment on that.
A report from CNET said ' BlackBerry's shares on Nasdaq rose 8 percent to $15.62. Shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange also climbed 8.3 percent to 16.06 Canadian dollars ($15.63)'.
Meanwhile, BlackBerry Z10 seems to be doing surprisingly well in the Indian market BlackBerry CEO Thorstein Heins said BlackBerry Z10 has sold out within two days of its release in the country. Mind you, BlackBerry Z10 is priced at a whopping price of Rs 43,490.
The Z10 seems to be changing fortunes for the Canadian company, it could very well be, just a matter time, before the handset becomes one of the highest selling devices of 2013.
To have a look at the specs, BlackBerry Z10 comes with a 4.2 inch capacitive touchscreen display with 1280 x 768 pixel resolution, 1.5GHz TI OMAP 4470 dual-core processor, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 16GB internal storage, 2GB RAM, micro SD card slot, HDMI port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, 4G LTE and a removable 1,800 mAh battery.