TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
Blackberry, the ultimate phone maker has confirmed its plans to roll out cheaper Blackberry 10 devices for the benefit of users. This would also help the company earn more revenue. The Managing Director of the company for Ireland and UK, Robert Orr, said that BlackBerry 10 devices at lower rates are being planned for release in the market.
The Managing Director also confirmed that there will be devices that roll-out in every segment of the market. He also hinted that the move to roll out cheaper devices and its implementation will consume time.
The company had previously promised its users six devices that run on Blackberry 10 operating systems. All these devices are expected to make their presence in the markets this year, and this is a clear indication that cheaper devices from BlackBerry 10 will roll out this year. This is certainly good news for all BlackBerry fans.
A QWERTY keyboard phone, BlackBerry Q10, which is expected to run on the new BB 10 Operating System, is all set to be released in the UK this April. There is currently only one phone, Z10 which works on BB10 platform. The handset comes at a price of £480 (Rs. 39850/- approx). The phone is now a serious competitor to Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5.
The phone that sells well at this point in the UK is BlackBerry Curve 9320, which costs about £130 (Rs. 10800/- approx). This confirms the need of BlackBerry phones at lower prices. The company also said that it will continue the sales of BB7 devices.