TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Research In Motion (RIM) plans to unveil about six BlackBerry 10 smartphones this year. Reportedly, two high-end smartphones running on the new OS will be announced during the global event scheduled to be held in New York in late January. Out of which, one of the device is informed to be an entire touchscreen phone and the other one would come boasting a QWERTY keyboard.
These two smartphones are expected to be launched in mid-end of 2013, while entry-level segments will come to the market later. The Chief Market Officer of RIM recently confirmed in a media report at CES 2013 that the company to release six different BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013 that will include phones in the high, medium and low prices ranges.
RIM CMO Frank Boulben told Fierce Wireless, "We intend over time as we transition the portfolio to have a full range of devices." Boulben did not mention specific details about smartphone or tablet models, but he did confirm that RIM will seek to capture high-end and midrange consumers with multiple options. BlackBerry 10 is currently testing at 150 carriers, and details commercial availability of smartphones running RIM's latest operating system will be shared January 30.
Further, the new two BlackBerry 10 smartphones, X10 and Z10 from RIM are expected to be launched on January 30 this year, in which, HD displays and dual core processors would be the common features to witness. It is reported that Z10 will be an all-touch phone having TI OMAP 4470 dual-core processor at 1.5GHz speed, 2GB RAM, 1,800 mAh battery and 4.2-inch display (1280×768 pixels resolution). Both rear camera and front-facing camera can be expected on this device with an image quality of 8-megapixel and 2-megapixel respectively.
BlackBerry 10 is likely to withdraw special data plans and offer regular data plans for its users. This will probably affect its products also. RIM will use the camera software technology licensed from Scalado soon in BlackBerry 10 products. The new operating system support on-screen keyboard for its all-touch phones along with advanced text prediction features. RIM claims that this will reduce the effort of users as compared to physical keyboard for a greater extent.