- 34 min ago Moto E13 Will Go Official In India On February 8: Features Detailed
- 1 hr ago Dell Alienware Aurora R15 Desktop Series Launched in India: Specs, Price
- 1 hr ago Oppo Pad 2 Specs Leak: Check Camera, Memory, and Chipset Details Of Premium Tablet
- 2 hrs ago Google Releases Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 For Pixel Devices
- News 154 killed, 333 forced to eat beef, 66 women raped: Persecution of Hindus in Bangladesh continues
- Sports ONE Championship: 3 UFC Heavyweights We Would Like To See Take On ONE Double Champion Anatoly Malykhin
- Automobiles Hyundai Creta, Alcazar Updated – Gets New Diesel Engine & More Features
- Education COMEDK UGET 2023: Registration will be start form Feburary 15; Check Details Here
- Movies Vijay Antony’s First Tweet After Surgery Goes Viral: Says ‘Feeling Happier Than Ever..’
- Lifestyle Shanti Devi - The World Famous Case Of Reincarnation
- Finance Gold Prices Scale To Their Highest In Nine-Months
- Travel Explore Your Love World With Paris: Why Paris Is Called As City Of Love?
Huawei Ascend Mate, D2: Two Behemoth Quad Core Android Phablets Launched at CES 2013
Chinese handset manufacturer Huawei dissolved all the speculations to rest with the official announcement of its two massive groundbreaking Android phablets at the stunning event of CES 2013 - Ascend Mate and Ascend D2 boasting mammoth displays.
The popular Ascend series creator pegged Mate as its largest smartphone and the D2 as its most powerful, but the Ascend Mate is easily the more peculiar of the two as it comes with a massive 6.1 inch 720p display.
At the launch event, Richard Yu, CEO, Huawei Consumer Business Group. said "The HUAWEI Ascend Mate breaks barriers to deliver a supercharged entertainment, communication and creative experience for all your personal and professional needs. The HUAWEI Ascend Mate is an industry-leading smartphone and showcases our innovation as we continue to make great technology available to more people globally."
He added that "The HUAWEI Ascend D2 has the style, power and all-round performance capabilities you would expect from a HUAWEI Ascend smartphone, but with a revolutionary FHD screen, unsurpassed camera quality and power saving technology to maximize your enjoyment. We are excited to introduce the HUAWEI Ascend D2, the latest addition to our series of Ascend range of smartphones, as we continue to put great technology into the hands of more people around the world."
Both the Ascend models pack big FullHD screens, quad-core processors, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and massive batteries.
Lets take a look at the specifications of Ascend Mate and Ascend D2.
Dimensions & Weight: Ascend Mate boasts a dimension of 163 x 85.7 x 9.9 mm and weighs in at 198 grams and Ascend D2 carries a dimension of 140 x 71 x 9.4 mm and a weight of 170 grams.
Display: Ascend Mate sports a spacious 6.1 inch Super IPS+ LCD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and Magic Touch technology, which provides enhances responsiveness even with gloves.
On the other hand, Ascend D2 packs a 5 inch Super Retina IPS capacitive touchscreen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution.
Processor: Both the devices are powered by 1.5GHz quad core processors to handle such large displays and other features.
OS: Again, both the handsets come with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system out of the box.
Camera: In this segment, Ascend Mate comes with an 8MP rear camera and Ascend D2 sports a 13MP rear camera. Further, Ascend Mate has a 1MP HD front camera and Ascend D2 comes with a 1.3MP front camera for video calling.
Storage: When it comes to storage, Ascend Mate packs 16GB internal storage and 1GB RAM as compared to 32GB internal storage and 2GB RAM in Ascend D2.
Connectivity: Both the handsets are packed with connectivity features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and micro USB 2.0.
Battery: While Ascend Mate is powered by a 4,050 mAh battery, Ascend D2 is loaded with a 3,000 mAh battery.
Price & Availability
As of now, the price of Ascend Mate and Ascend D2 are not revealed, but the company press release states that Ascend D2 will be on sale in China in January 2013 and in Japan in near future. Also, Ascend Mate will be on sale in China in Feburary 2013.
Both Ascend Mate and Ascend D2 come loaded with dual MIC noise reduction technology, Dolby sound system, stereo recording, Augmented Reality navigation application to help reach the destination, ‘smart reading' functionality allowing quick reference to dictionaries, Wikipedia and Google Search pages and ‘swift sharing' to upload pictures, videos and other files two- to three-times faster than other smartphone users in a Wi-Fi environment.