- 53 min ago Why Completely Boycotting Chinese Products Or Brands Is A Far-Fetched Dream
- 1 hr ago Next Xiaomi Smartphone Likely To Feature 120X Zoom: Competition To Samsung?
- 1 hr ago Oppo A12, A11K And A52 To Launch Soon In India: Price, Offers & Specifications
- 2 hrs ago Asus ROG Phone 3 Pops Up On Geekbench; Key Features Tipped
- Finance Markets End The Day Higher, SBI Surges Post Numbers
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Wife Gets Emotional And Remembers The Late Actor: We Have The Rains Connecting Us
- Automobiles Volkswagen India Introduces Das WeltAuto 3.0 — Buying And Selling Pre-Owned Cars
- Sports UFC 250: Dominant Nunes to face 'FeeNom', returning Garbrandt has point to prove
- News 15 days time, transportation of migrants cannot go on forever says SC
- Lifestyle Can Eating Too Much Fruit Cause Type 2 Diabetes?
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
CES 2014: Alcatel Launches Flagship Phone, 2 Entry Level Tablets, Phablet and More
Alcatel, a brand synonymous with innovative products, today announced slew of new devices at the ongoing Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. The company announced two tablets, a flagship phone, a 4-inch E-Ink reader and a huge phone.
Alcatel One Touch Idol X+
The One Touch Idol X+ was announced for the Chinese market last month. And the phone has been unleashed for other countries too. The device comes with a 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display having a resolution of 1,920 x 1080 pixels.
Under the hood, there is a MediaTek (MT 6592) powered Octa-Core chipset, backed by 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. Also, add a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera on the back with Auto Focus and LED Flash.
The phone also supports quality sound, supporting SACD's 24 bit/192KHz playback which is 4 times better than CD. The makers have added a 2,500mAh battery under the hood. No update on pricing and retail availability for the Indian market.
Alcatel One Touch POP C9
Alcatel also has a 5.5-inch affordable phablet waiting to be grabbed. The One Touch POP C9 is an entry -level phablet device with mediocre specs under the hood.
The hardware consists of a 5.5-inch qHD display and a 1.3GHz quad-core coupled with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory (expandable up to 32GB via a microSD card slot). Android 4.2 Jelly Bean comes out of the box. There's an 8MP rear facing camera and a 2MP front facing camera on the front side.
Other connectivity features include: 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. The makers have added a 2,500mAh battery. The handset will vbe made available in sizzling colors: Bluish Black, Cherry Red, Full White, Hot Pink and Fresh Turquoise. The company will also retail matching flip covers.
Alcatel One Touch POP7 and POP8
Both One Touch POP7 and Pop8 appear to be an entry level 7 and 8-inch tablet devices. The 8-inch IPS tablet with HD resolution features a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, backed by 1GB of RAM and an internal memory. It also incorporates a 2MP rear-facing camera and a VGA quality front -facing camera. The tablet does support 3G n connectivity, besides regular connections: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and an option IR blaster.
The One Touch POP7 comes with a 7-inch TFT display having a resolution of 1,024 x 600 pixels. Also, the tablet features a 1.3GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM and same cameras, found inside its older siblings. Of course, Alcatel is aiming to sell One Touch Pop7 in large number due to entry level specs. The 8-inch tablet will go on sale in March, while the 7-inch beast should be made available next month.
Alcatel Magic Flip
Last but not the least, Alcatel also revealed an unexpected gadget, an e-book reader. The Magic Flip is not a typical 6-inch e-book reader promoted by Amazon or Kobo (via Engadget). This device comes with a 4-inch display. It's tiny, small and light in weight. Also, the makers have added Bluetooth connectivity too, making it easy to share content from phone to the Magic Flip. The company hasn't announced the price yet neither release date. Watch this space for more!