TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
CES 2014: ZTE BlueWatch SmartWatch and Unique Hotspot cum Projector Goes Official
Chinese tech firm, ZTE had been in news for its upcoming smartwatch for quite sometime. Now at the ongoing Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014, ZTE finally revealed the yet to be finalized wearable computing device, codenamed BlueWatch. Also, the manufacture announced a portable hotspot that doubles as projector. Let's take a look at the specifications and features of both the devices!
This year at the CES, ZTE has managed to unveil its first generation smartwatch, the ZTE BlueWatch. It's not a typical smartwatch you would've imagined. The ergonomics of BlueWatch matches that to the existing Pebble smartwatch. Early reports suggest that ZTE hasn't finalized the design of BlueWatch just yet.
So the model demoed at the CES is a prototype model, not the retail version. This also means that the supported software needs to be polished. Just like the Pebble watch, ZTE's BlueWatch uses an e-paper display. The watch does have a magnetic charger on the sides.
You cannot de-attach wristband, so those who wish to glamorize the watch by using matching wristbands, are at a disadvantageous position. The device does not have a SIM card; however the watch will fetch notifications and Facebook feeds via Bluetooth connectivity. As of now, ZTE has no plans to bring the device outside China. Watch this space for more.
ZTE Portable Hotspot cum Projector
At the CES, ZTE also announced that the company will release a hotspot, which will feature a projector under the hood. Though it sounds amusing; however, ZTE says that the device will be launched in USA this year.
The ZTE Hotspot projector can beam 120-inch video/pictures content on nearby flat surfaces. It's a square shaped tiny device. Also place upwards, there is a 4-inch color display having a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
The hotspot is powered by Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and up to 8 users can use the device, thanks to built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. The makers have added a 5,000mAh battery fitted inside. Other connectivity options include: HDMI, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Display, amongst others. No update around its retail price or exact retail availability.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!