TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Chinese domestic vendor, Coolpad, today announced a 7-inch large size phablet device at the ongoing International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Dubbed Coolpad Halo, the world's first 7-inch smartphone with an octa-core CPU, has been shown to the media.
There is no world on the global roll out of the phablet; however, the Coolpad Halo will go on sale in China at a price of 1888 Chinese Yuan or Rs. 19,900.
The Coolpad looks like a regular 7-inch Android-based tablet, but in reality the company says it's a phablet, which we've would have agreed if it was announced as a 6-inch device.
Talking about the specs, the Coolpad Halo features a 7-inch display having a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Under the hood, the phablet comes with a 1.7GHz octa-core processor powered by MediaTek MT 6592 chipset, backed by 2GB of RAM , 700 MHz Mali 450-MP4 GPU and 8GB of internal memory ( expandable via a microSD card slot). Android 4.2 Jelly Bean comes out of the box.
This dual SIM supported phone has a 4000mAh battery inside. Also, there's a 13MP rear-facing camera with dual LED Flash and a 5MP front-facing camera.
Other connectivity features include: NFC, 3G, Wi-Fi, Dual SIM, A-GPS, FM Radio, amongst other features.
In India, Spice Mobility is a selling Coolpad phones, and couple of them made a mark in the market. However, it is not clear whether Spice is interested in bringing a 7-inch phablet to India. We are keeping a close eye on this story.
Stay tuned to GizBot!