TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
We have already reported the expected arrival of Sony Xperia Z model (earlier known as Xperia Yuga) on January 15. It may be recalled that another name which was making rounds in air along with Xperia Yuga was Xperia Odin.
It was actually pitched in as the first 6 inch Android phone. Now it seems that Xperia Odin will be launching in the market as Xperia X and it will be nothing but a dual SIM version of the Xperia Z itself. Other than the dual SIM feature most of the other key specifications of both Z and X models are expected to be the same as per the information coming in from sources.
There is also some difference in the dimensions as Xperia X is much thicker when compared to Xperia Z model. An image of a prototype of Xperia X seems to have leaked out which shows that the back cover of Xperia X model has a texture much similar to the other dual SIM model, Sony Xperia E.
On the back side, you can also see a small cover which can be used to swap microSD and SIM cards. There is also a small difference in the placement of the front end camera in the new Sony Xperia X model as per the unconfirmed information coming in. Unlike other phones the front end camera is placed at the bottom of the phone.
Though the information coming in seems to be giving enough information to justify that Sony Xperia X is a dual SIM version of Z model, still we need to wait till the CES 2013 event, when it is expected that Sony will be unveiling its new Xperia models.
However, from whatever information we have with us, one thing seems certain. It won't be Sony Xperia Odin which is going to be the first 6.1 inch Android smartphone, but it would be Huawei Ascend Mate.