TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?
As per IDC's latest report on the Indian smartphone market Lava stays on the fifth position with six per cent market share, but looks like, the Indian manufacturer has got some aggressive launches lined up to clutch the premium position in the market.
Yes, this can be said Lava International is prepping to announce the successor to its famed smartphone - Iris X1. GizBot spotted the upcoming Lava Iris X1 successor dubbed as 'Iris X5' on the Indian import an export database site.
According to latest import data published by Zauba, Lava shipped as many 20 units of Iris X5 handset to India. And they have been valued at Rs. 5,664 each. This is for the first time the company has imported 20 units of the device to India.
The Zauba listing reveals that the Lava Iris X5 will pack a large 5-inch display and moreover, will also come with a memory storage of 8GB ROM and dual-SIM support. Besides, there are no more specs or pictures to shed more light on the soon to be released device.
Given its marketing name 'Iris X5', looks like the smartphone will buy its look and design from the predecessor ie. the Iris X1. Since the forthcoming Lava Iris X5 will be a budget device, so we're expecting marginal improvement over its predecessor. It's fair to assume that the successor would break a cover soon.
For the record, the Lava Iris X1 featured a 4.5inch FWVGA display; 1.2GHz quadcore processor; 1GB of RAM; 8GB of onboard memory; microSD card slot; 8MP rearfacing camera; 2MP frontfacing camera; 3G; WiFi; Bluetooth; 1800mAh battery; Android 4.4 Kitkat
Lava originally launched the Iris X1 in India back in May this year. The smartphone didn't achieve a cult status compared to the Motorola Moto G, though the phone, in particular, seemed to have worked well for the brand, especially at a price of Rs. 7,999. Stay tuned to GizBot for more exclusive updates!