- 20 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- News As Delhi prepares for a cruel summer, here is what you should and should not do
- Movies Hansika Motwani Underwent Surgeries To Enhance Her Career? Deets Inside
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Exclusive: Obi Mobiles To Launch Firefox OS Powered Smartphones By November End
Former Apple CEO John Sculley's Inflexionpoint-backed Obi Mobiles is all set to sizzle the Indian handset market in June. Basically, the company is all geared up to announce at least 5-6 Android smartphones in the beginning of their maiden operation.
Headquartered in Gurgaon, and promoted by Inflexionpoint, Obi Mobiles will start selling Android-powered handsets in June at a price range of Rs. 4,500 - Rs. 15, 000, CEO Ajay Sharma told GizBot. The company is aiming for a 5% market share by the year ending March 31, 2015.
Ajay Sharma, who used to be the country head for HTC India before moving on to head Micromax's smartphone division, is optimistic about Obi Mobiles and its success in the Indian smartphone market.
Obi Mobiles - Android Smartphone Range
In an exclusive chat with GizBot, Ajay Sharma, CEO, Obi Mobiles, revealed that the company is currently looking to chase mid-range smartphone market. He further added that the company will launch 5-6 new smartphones running on Google's Android mobile OS.
Most of these phones will be priced under Rs. 10,000, except one which could cost around Rs. 15,000. Out of which, the cheapest priced phone will come with a 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, 2MP rear-facing camera, and a VGA quality shooter. It should run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. He remained tight lipped when asked about the specifications of the phone which might cost Rs. 15,000.
Obi Mobiles - Windows Phone Range
Obi Mobiles also wants to release handsets powered by Qualcomm chipset. Ajay Sharma, CEO, Obi Mobiles told GizBot, the new phones with Qualcomm chipset should arrive around September time frame and apart from Android-powered handset, Obi Mobiles will announce its first ever Windows Phone sometime in November- December 2014.
"In fact the firm is planning to launch at least 2- 3 handsets powered by Windows Phone OS."
Obi Mobiles - Firefox OS Line-up
At the same time, the handset manufacturer is also planning to launch phones powered by Firefox OS by November-December time frame, Ajay Sharma, CEO, Obi Mobiles, told GizBot. Unlike Intex or Spice, Obi Mobiles may not announce sub Rs. 2,000 priced Firefox OS running handsets.
Obi Mobiles - 6-inch Phablet?
Last but not the least, Obi Mobiles also disclosed that they will release the first ever 6-inch phablet around August-September. Although we're not told about the retail price, but the device should be in the mid-range segment.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!