TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Sony, the Japanese tech giant, who officially announced SmartWatch 2 in China, is set to bring the device in India. Yes, it's true. Today, at the sidelines of Xperia Z Ultra launch held in New Delhi, a senior executive over at Sony revealed the official release date of Smartwatch 2 planned for India.
The executive who wished to remain anonymous told GizBot that the next-generation SmartWatch will arrive in India either August end or first week of September 2013. Sony India is still deciding on the exact price, but the executive hints at around Rs. 10,000 price tag.
The first generation of Sony SmartWatch, which is still available in the market for Rs. 7,990, hasn't done brilliant. While other players like Apple, Samsung and LG, are still looking to announce their own versions of intelligent watch; hence, Sony has a chance to conquer market before any of these firms.
The new version of SmartWatch has been revamped, and consumers will notice a significant change. The original Sony designed intelligent watch had some issues in regards to user interface (UI). Earlier, Sony was promoting the device as an added accessory. Now the situation has changed a lot. With the success of Pebble watch, and rumors of Apple's iWatch at all time high; Sony now want to give consumers a complete different experience.
The SmartWatch 2 uses Bluetooth connection via which users will able to connect their smartphones. Most of the Android phones are compatible with SmartWatch 2. However, the intelligent watch is still not compatible with iOS platform. The watch is NFC compatible, which Sony will boast off. The SmartWatch 2 comes with a 1.6-inch display (Transflective LCD) having resolution of 220 x 176 pixels.
The dialer is made of aluminum, and looks a lot like Sony Xperia Z. You will also notice three Android capacitive buttons below the display. The intelligent watch from Sony will help you to check call details, read SMS, e-mails, among other essential jobs. Basically, it's a lifestyle product, and targeted at select sections of the market. Stay tuned to GizBot.