TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Xolo Mobiles - a Noida-based smartphone maker plans to launch three new handsets running on Microsoft's Windows Phone OS, in next four months.
The upcoming phones, a mix of low-to-mid end devices, will be priced between Rs. 8,000 - Rs. 15,000 and cater to different price segments, as revealed by Sunil Raina, Business Head, Xolo Mobiles.
Raina shared this exclusive info with GizBot on the sidelines of the launch of the Xolo 8X-1000 with Hive UI.
The domestic-vendor, however, refused to share any more details around the forthcoming Windows Phone running handsets.
Not so long ago, Xolo launched its first Windows Phone 8.1 running handset, the Win Q900s, in India at Rs. 11,999. It featured a 5-inch 720p HD display, a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing shooter and a 1,800mAh battery fitted inside.
The device also came pre-loaded with MS Office application. The Windows Phone 8.1 running smartphone is now available at a special price of Rs. 9,999 via online retailer Snapdeal.
Windows Phone OS - India market share
The market share for Windows Phone mobile OS continues to grow in India. The country has emerged as the second largest market for Windows Phone, according to a report by mobile advertising firm AdDuplex. US, India and Brazil - the three countries together accounted for one-fourth of the global Windows Phone market.
India's Micromax and Xolo are among the few players selling Windows Phone 8.1 handsets in the country. With the rumored launch of mid-end WP8.1 handsets from Karbonn and Celkon in the coming days, the market share for Windows Phone OS is set to grow in leaps and bounds.