TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The HTC First was designed in collaboration with Facebook. In a month's time, the device was declared dead by AT&T. The phone comes pre-loaded with Facebook Home. The HTC First was announced with much fan fare back in April.
Last month, UK's leading carrier EE declared that the HTC First is not coming to the market as per the plan. However, the real reason for the delay is that consumers aren't impressed neither with the device nor with the Facebook Home.
Now once again Facebook is planning to tie up with another tech vendor, more established than HTC, in the coming months. According to a report by Bloomberg, Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg was seen with Samsung President Shin Jong Kyun in Seoul. The reason for the meeting could be to popularize Facebook Home through Samsung Galaxy devices.
The report says that Mark Zuckerberg went to Seoul to discuss advertising revenues usually get from mobile devices. There is a mention of "potential partnerships", which anyways related to software collaboration. Besides business, both business honchos were seen discussing state of information industry.
Samsung being the largest manufacturer of mobile handsets could help Facebook to grow its social networking empire. Facebook is purely a software company, while Samsung is a hardware firm. In between the two, Facebook might be looking for a device maker who can take Facebook Home forward. And on the other hand, Samsung is trying to reinvent by offering new ways to connect with each other. For instance, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is primarily a software machine.
Earlier also Facebook had collaborated with device makers. If Facebook convince Samsung to bundle Facebook Home feature in every Galaxy phone than it would definitely give Mark Zuckerberg to announce another Facebook Phone. Stay tuned to GizBot.