- 2 hrs ago Moto X40 Pro High-Quality Renders, Video Leaked: Can It Challenge Other Flagship Devices?
- 3 hrs ago India's Digital Rupee 'Retail' Pilot Program Launched: What's Different From Cryptocurrency?
- 4 hrs ago Xiaomi MIUI 14 Features Teased: More Feature Packed Than MIUI 13?
- 6 hrs ago POCO X5 Pro 5G Surfaces In IMEI Database: Snapdragon 782G SoC, 5000mAh Battery Expected
- Lifestyle Is Your Skin Always Inflamed? Here Are Five Ingredients That Help Calm Skin Inflammation
- Sports Neymar to be 'back to his best' in time for World Cup final, says Brazil star's father
- Finance Multibagger Packaging Stock Sets Record Date For Share Buyback, Shares Rally
- Automobiles Tata Motors Sales Report November 2022 - PV Sales Rise By 27 Per Cent
- Movies Gatta Kusthi First Review: ‘All Center Will Go Gaga For Gatta Kusthi’ Says Gulu Gulu Director Rathna Kumar!
- News US-India joint military exercise has nothing to do with 1993, 1996 agreements: MEA rejects Chinese objections
- Education CLAT Hall Ticket 2023 will be out n 1st week of December 2022: Get the Direct Link & Steps to Download the Hal
- Travel What Is G20 Presidency And What ASI Sites To Be Illuminated From Dec 1 To 7, Know Details
Asus ROG Phone 5 Vs ROG Phone 3: Is Latest Also The Greatest?
Asus recently dropped the curtains off its ROG Phone 5 that comes with power-packed features. Crafted specifically for gamers, the Asus ROG Phone series has brought in several new technologies like turbo cooling and dedicated gaming buttons. With the new model in, we've drafted a comparison with its predecessor - the Asus ROG Phone 3. Here are the differences and upgrades:
Asus ROG Phone 5 Vs ROG Phone 3: Processor Upgrade
The key difference between smartphones is their chipset. The Asus ROG Phone 5 draws power from the Snapdragon 888 chipset paired with the Adreno 660 GPU for graphics. On the other hand, the Asus ROG Phone 3 came with then flagship Snapdragon 865+ SoC. Looking back, the Asus ROG Phone 3 was the first smartphone with a clocked speed of over 3.0GHz.
Also, the latest handset includes a 6,000 mAh battery with 65W fast charging support. On the other hand, the Asus ROG Phone 3 also packed a 6,000 mAh battery, but only with 30W fast charging support. More importantly, the Asus ROG Phone 5 comes with the GameCool 5 technology, while its predecessor packed the GameCool 3 feature. The GameCool tech has been a key highlight on the ROG smartphones, helping to keep the device cool even during intense gaming sessions.
Asus ROG Phone 5 Vs ROG Phone 3: Camera Differences
The camera on the Asus ROG Phone series has never been its USP. Nevertheless, the Asus ROG Phone 5 packs a triple-camera setup with a 64MP primary shooter, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 5MP macro sensor. There is also a 24MP selfie camera upfront. As a comparison, the Asus ROG Phone 3 also featured a triple-camera 64MP setup at the rear and a similar 24MP selfie camera. In other words, there's not much of an upgrade in the camera department.
Asus ROG Phone 5 Vs ROG Phone 3: Design Details
The design and display details on the Asus ROG Phone 5 are worth mentioning. The smartphone packs a 6.78-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 2,448 x 1,080 pixels resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate. On the other hand, the Asus ROG Phone 3 comes with a 6.59-inch AMOLED display. Users get to experience the same resolution and the 144Hz refresh rate on the ROG Phone 3 as well.
Asus ROG Phone 5 Vs ROG Phone 3: Price Differences
The new Asus ROG Phone 5 is available in two models of 8GB RAM and 12GB RAM, costing Rs. 49,999 and Rs. 57,999, respectively. To note, the Asus ROG Phone 3 also debuted with a similar option and a similar price tag. What's more, the Asus ROG Phone 3 is still available in the market for a similar price tag.
Asus ROG Phone 5 Vs ROG Phone 3: Is New Better?
This brings us to a conclusion of which is better. On the surface, the Asus ROG Phone 5 might not have many upgrades. However, under the hood, the smartphone comes with the latest 5nm Snapdragon 888 chipset with 5G support, a massive upgrade from the SD 865+ SoC. Since the price difference isn't that high, it's better to get the latest Asus ROG Phone 5 for an enhanced gaming experience.