- 9 min ago Motorola One Macro Could Be Another Android One Handset From Motorola
- 16 min ago Flipkart Big Shopping Days – Attractive Exchange Offers You Can Get
- 20 min ago Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi K20 Launched In India – Price Starts From Rs. 21,999
- 44 min ago Realme 3i Vs Redmi 7: Nail Biting Competition In Affordable Segment
- Sports Kapil Dev to head the three-member panel to pick India head coach
- Lifestyle Celebrities Take A Flight To The Future With The FaceApp Challenge
- News With just 101 in a 209 member House, why Karnataka Govt stares at a collapse
- Finance Air India Increases Baggage Limit For Passengers Flying To The UAE
- Movies Radhika Pandit Doesn’t Like When Yash Interferes In her Acting; Says ‘Remember I Too Can Act’
- Automobiles UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- Travel Chandrashila trek: Lose yourself, be awestruck.. such is the majestic view from summit
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Google I/O 2016 Date Announced: Sundar Pichai, Android N, Project Tango And More
Google CEO, Sundar Pichai, has announced the company will host its I/O 2016 developer conferece on May 18 to 20, at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View. The venue is where Google hosted the first edition of I/O conference 10 years ago.
The conference venue is a little special this time, as it is located in the company's hometown. Sundar Pichai describes the location as the "neighborhood where it all started" on twitter.
I/O'16 coming to neighborhood where it all started 10 yrs ago: Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, May 18-20. More details soon. #io16— sundarpichai (@sundarpichai) January 12, 2016
"We're only 18 weeks away from Google I/O! 2016 is going to be a special year for us -- we held our first developer day 10 years ago at the Googleplex. To celebrate our 10th anniversary of developer gatherings, we'll be hosting I/O in our backyard at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA from May 18th - 20th." CEO said in Google Plus.
"We'll have 3 full days together to dive deep into developer content, code labs, and more. If you can't make it in person, you can still join us via I/O Live and through an I/O Extended event in your local community. Stay tuned to #io16 and +GoogleDevelopers in the coming weeks for more details, he said.
Well, every year, the I/O conference makes developer-centric announcement such as details about the next version of Android, Chrome OS, Android Wear, Google Fit and much more. This year, Google is expected to announce new Android version and much more. Here is what we expect from the Google I/O 2016, have a look at the slider below.
Next version of Android operating system
Google introduced Android M in the last year's conference, and this time around, the company could officially take the wrap off Android N. The next Android version will have a split-screen UI as one of the key features. According to Glen Murphy, Chrome and Android Director of User Experience, "We're working hard on a range of enhancements for Android in this form factor... there are many things, like multi-window, that we've been spending a lot of time on - hopefully we can share more about this soon."
Google I/O 2016 expects Project Tango
Google and Lenovo announced the first Project Tango smartphone at CES 2016. A device that can take the dimensions of a room and generate on-screen 3D objects. The tech world expects some announcement about Project Tango in Google I/O 2016.
Google is well know for self-driving cars. This time around, the company could unveil new safety measures along with a new lineup of vehicles that are compatible with the systems.
An updated software for wearable
Tech experts suggest that Google could announce the updates for the smartphone OS. The updated Android Wear includes improvement performance of gestures and voice controls.
Chrome OS merging with Android
There has been a talk about Chrome OS merging with Android. If the company announced this at the conference then this is going to be the biggest news.
Third-gneneration Nexus tablet
The most recent rumors suggests that the third-generation Nexus tablet will be manufactured by Huawei, and will take design cues from the Google Pixel C.
Second-generation Google Glass
Google could showcase a second-generation model of the Google Glass. The wearable is expected to be a huge at the event.