- 1 hr ago Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- 2 hrs ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 2 hrs ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S10 series get improved camera features via new update
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Faf du Plessis happy to see the return of Rabada, Ngidi
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and Note 5 problems and solutions: How to fix it
Here are some common Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro issues and solutions.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro launched in February this year in India are among the bestsellers in the market. We say so as these smartphones run out of stock in every sale conducted by the company. Given that there are numerous people using these devices, it is common for them to have experienced basic problems with these phones in many situations.
If you are facing any issues with the Redmi Note 5 or Note 5 Pro smartphone, then you can take a look at the common problems and solutions we have listed below. If you are still not able to find a specific issue you are facing while using these devices, you can drop a comment and we will help you out in fixing the problem.
Redmi Note 5 Pro and Note 5 network connectivity problems
There are network connectivity issues faced by some Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro users. Though these phones support 4G LTE, some users on the Jio and Vodafone networks face patchy connectivity. These issues could be due to the MIUI 9.2.4 update and a new update has been rolled out with a fix to put an end to these issues.
Redmi Note 5 Pro and Note 5 Silent Mode issue
Some users have reported that the silent mode fails to work when a pair of headphones is plugged into the Redmi Note 5 or Redmi Note 5 Pro. This issue can be resolved by resetting the phone to the factory settings.
Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro microphone issues
Sometimes, users of these phones complain about poor audio clarity on the recipient's end during calls with the loudspeaker turned on. The recipient is said to experience distorted sound. Also, this issue affects the functionality of Google Assistant, which relies on the microphone to take commands. What's worse is that the Redmi Note 5 Pro units are failing microphone hardware tests tipping that there could be a hardware-level issue. So, you can take the device to a service center to get the microphone fixed or get the device replaced.
Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro Dual LTE connectivity issue
Both these smartphones have dual SIM card slots supporting 4G LTE. However, some users have reported that 4G works on one SIM card and the other is connected to 3G. This happens because when one SIM card is connected to 4G, the other one will stay on 3G itself. The reason is that phones are made in such a way that both SIM cards cannot be connected to 4G networks at the same time.
Redmi Note 5 Pro and Note 5 left speaker issue
There are speaker grilles positioned on either side of the USB port on the bottom edge of these smartphones. Some users have raised an issue that only the right grille works and that the left one is not producing any sound output. In that case, you need to know that the device is pretty fine. The issue persists as the Redmi Note 5 does not support dual speakers. The left grille houses one of the microphones so it does not produce sound output.