TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Arvind Kejriwal To Sit On Indefinite Fast From March 1 For Delhi Statehood
- Bangalore Air Show 2019 Fire Accident; Nearly 300 Vehicles Burnt To Ashes — Watch The Video
- Microsoft Will End Windows 7 Support In July 2019
- Railways To Issue Linked PNRs For Onward Journeys
- Sri Lanka Makes History In The World Of Cricket
- Cringe Photoshop Fails That Will Leave You Shocked
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Fujitsu RakuRaku F12D: An Android smartphone for elders
We have seen many improvisations on existing models making them friendly for elder people, but there are few devices built especially for them. There are devices like ‘Jitterbug’ meant for them but to be specific they are not smart enough to handle the exact needs of the senior citizens.
Now Fujitsu outs a smartphone F-12D in their RakuRaku line up specifically to suit the needs of elder personalities that too in an Android platform. Let us move on to an interesting journey on what all features are included in the Fujitsu F-12D model to ease off the mobile experience of elder citizens.
Key Features and Specifications:
- 4 inches of Multi-touch screen display
- Corning Gorilla Glass screen
- Google Android ICS opearting system
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255T, 1400 MHz of clock speed CPU
- 1024 MB of RAM
- Memory card slot with capacity of up to 32GB
- Built-in 8MP CMOS sensor rear camera
- GPRS Class 12
- EDGE Class 12
- Wi-Fi v802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Micro USB 2.0 connectivity port
- 1800 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Fujitsu F-12D comes with a lot of friendly features and a brilliant hardware designed keeping in mind the requirements of elderly. It arrives in a simplified Android platform ensuring easy handling for elderly. Along with a customized UI supporting large text, it also includes oversized virtual buttons. The available physical buttons are also large and easy for operation without any barrier of age. The screen is wise enough to distinguish between purposeful taps and accidental touches.
Fujitsu F-12D includes only vertical scrolling to make every mobile action as easy as possible. The improvised touchscreen options are good enough to make it friendly for the first time users who are new to technology. As smartphones are getting standardised in many ways, Fujitsu made a unique user interface for elderly in order to distinguish their Android-based mobiles. Elderly will find it really interesting to come across new technology with ease of use with this specially designed interface.
Fujitsu F-12D will hit the shelves of Japan most probably in mid August. No news on the availability of this elderly phone outside the country is known at the instance. As of now the pricing details are not confirmed. Elderly can keep their fingers crossed to know more details on the pricing of their most awaited gadget.
The term “rakuraku” in Japanese means easy or comfortable and they have included immense facilities in the phone to make the product label realistic. Fujitsu worked in conjunction with Google to make a perfect design aiding elderly not to get overwhelmed or confused while using the phone.