TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Gionee Elife S5.5 Is The World's Thinnest Phone: Releasing In China On March 18
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee came up with one of the thinnest phones last year called the Elife E6 and this year the camera-centric handset Elife E7 is yet to land in the Indian shores. But this update is not related to the aforementioned handsets but the new one called Elife S5.5, which the company is said to make official on March 18th in its native land.
The Gionee Elife S5.5 was unveiled last month as the world's thinnest smartphone which measures just 5.5mm thin. After the official announcement of the device in China, it is said that the device will head over to 40 more countries soon. The manufacturer has reportedly priced the device at $374 (approx. Rs. 22795).
Besides being the thinnest phone, the Elife S5.5 features a 5 inch 1080p display. It will come powered by a octa core chipset from MediaTek. There would be a competitive 13 megapixel rear camera, while at the front a 5 megapixel camera module can also be found. This means that the handset will offer a great picture taking experience to its users. On-board memory is 16GB and 2GB of RAM is also integrated for smoother performance. The smartphone runs the company's proprietary Amigo OS based on Android platform. It draws its energy from a 2,300 mAh battery.
This is probably the 3G variant of the handset but the Chinese mobile phone maker has confirmed that a 4G LTE-enabled variant of the device will hit shelves sometime in June.
Although half of the details pertaining to the specs of the handset is not available as of now including the CPU clock and graphics unit, the device looks promising and pretty capable of battling against the current handsets that are available in the market.
Stay tuned to GizBot!