TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
It looks like Google has just accidentally given the world a look at its upcoming Nexus 5 device, a possible successor to its best selling Nexus 4 handset.
Here's how it happened. In a promotional video accompanying the KitKat announcement, a Google employee was seen taking pictures of a new lawn KitKat statue at the 38th second. Now this employee is holding a strange looking Nexus device that is not the Nexus 4, thereby meaning that it might just be the Nexus 5. Have a look at the image and you'll spot a Nexus logo in the rear, just like the one seen on the back of the Nexus 7. There's also a matte finish and large camera lens that hasn't appeared on any existing Nexus devices so far.
After a Nexus 4 8GB discontinuation and the Android 4.4 KitKat announcement, there's a very good chance that Google has a new handset in the works. Also, when TheVerge tried to get in touch with Google for some information regarding the video, the company pulled the clip off the Internet instantly. This move might be a sign that Google might have accidentally spilled the beans was trying to clean things up swiftly.
If you look back at the Nexus 4 launch, it took place in October last year. This means that Google could mirror it and launch the Nexus 5 in October this year, allowing the device to be up for sale during November ahead of the holiday season.