TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
It looks like Google has just accidentally given the world a look at its upcoming Nexus 5 device, a possible successor to its best selling Nexus 4 handset.
Here's how it happened. In a promotional video accompanying the KitKat announcement, a Google employee was seen taking pictures of a new lawn KitKat statue at the 38th second. Now this employee is holding a strange looking Nexus device that is not the Nexus 4, thereby meaning that it might just be the Nexus 5. Have a look at the image and you'll spot a Nexus logo in the rear, just like the one seen on the back of the Nexus 7. There's also a matte finish and large camera lens that hasn't appeared on any existing Nexus devices so far.
After a Nexus 4 8GB discontinuation and the Android 4.4 KitKat announcement, there's a very good chance that Google has a new handset in the works. Also, when TheVerge tried to get in touch with Google for some information regarding the video, the company pulled the clip off the Internet instantly. This move might be a sign that Google might have accidentally spilled the beans was trying to clean things up swiftly.
If you look back at the Nexus 4 launch, it took place in October last year. This means that Google could mirror it and launch the Nexus 5 in October this year, allowing the device to be up for sale during November ahead of the holiday season.